Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BIGfatED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    924

    ... and if we just ... Snow go....Will work for dirt!!

    DOD, Oakridge Boys, and the trail workers of CCP. I am desperate to put some dirt under my tires. All this Base fitness riding on the road bike is making BFE a very dull boy. I NEED DIRT!

    How are the trails over on the wet side? I know all ya' have been tearing it up a Whypass as of late, but is there anything in condition to ride near Oakridge?

    Also I would like to put in some time with the trail crews this spring to help prepare the trails for CCP and other awesome rides in OR. Please let me know when the trail rebuilding will begin. I look forward to riding with you all this Spring. There are many miles to be ridden before CCP 2008.

    The Barbie bike is alive and well. I look forward to handing over this trophy to the next lucky recipient. Take care and I look forward to hearing from you.

    BFE

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: General Coonskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,019
    Hey BFE, I got close to 120 miles of dirt in the Oakridge area last weekend, you gotta now where to go look but it is there, some of it gravel and some of it singletrack

    Drop me a note and we'll talk more about it all.
    Just the Pictures

    The Shop


    The Blog

    Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BIGfatED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by General Coonskins
    Hey BFE, I got close to 120 miles of dirt in the Oakridge area last weekend, you gotta now where to go look but it is there, some of it gravel and some of it singletrack

    Drop me a note and we'll talk more about it all.
    Ya well......I got 110 miles on my road bike Not that I'm complaining about saddle time, but I deam myself a MTBer and this road stuff is just fine when you can throw in some sweet trail riding to break it up, but i'm board with this road stuff.

    BFE

  4. #4
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    Solo contendre
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,672
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    Ya well......I got 110 miles on my road bike Not that I'm complaining about saddle time, but I deam myself a MTBer and this road stuff is just fine when you can throw in some sweet trail riding to break it up, but i'm board with this road stuff.

    BFE
    Your 110 beats my winter mileage (as in, saddle time since oh, October?) by about 108!

    I'm going to change my name to BIGfatNAT.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    343
    I have near ZERO miles since T-day. That is the bummer about Central Orifornia.
    However, I have a new bike nearly assmbled, and ready to lose it's virgin-ity. Perhaps the Maston area will get a visit this weekend.

    NAT: How was Typhoon, last week for lunch? My 2 year old was bouncing around making her whereabouts known while you and your SO were getting ready to enjoy some delicious food.

    Any word on BC yet? Got to be a month or so away. There is usually a thread started by now...?

  6. #6
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    Solo contendre
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,672
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCookie
    I have near ZERO miles since T-day. That is the bummer about Central Orifornia.
    However, I have a new bike nearly assmbled, and ready to lose it's virgin-ity. Perhaps the Maston area will get a visit this weekend.

    NAT: How was Typhoon, last week for lunch? My 2 year old was bouncing around making her whereabouts known while you and your SO were getting ready to enjoy some delicious food.

    Any word on BC yet? Got to be a month or so away. There is usually a thread started by now...?
    Holy cow, was that you??? I didn't recognize you in "civilian gear." Why didn't you say something? We were admiring your little tyke. She seems very outgoing and social. Those two older ladies were getting a kick out of her too.
    Last edited by Nat; 03-08-2008 at 02:14 AM.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,649
    "That is the bummer about Central Orifornia"

    That's classic, true dat.

    Been going to central Oregon, Bend/Sisters area since I was a kid and each year I go down there, especially over the past 5 yrs or so, I notice the "Californification" of the area more and more. Good for the local economy though or something like that, but helps to stir that summer dust up a bit too. Phil's TH in the summer, forget about it.

    JG
    Ride On!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    343

    Typhoon

    I tend to be a bit of an anti-social bugger. That, and I couldn't get a read on if you were trying to have a "tender moment" .

    Yeah, the old ladies were stoked on Riley. If they knew how sick she was (and I was too), they would have avoided us like we had the plague.

    Been getting up to the hill much?
    I have a lot if 60+ day seasons on a snowboard, but I haven't been able to find my stoke lately. I haven't even had a powder day at Bachie this year... checking for a pulse... okay, need to put pow day on the schedule. I have half a dozen boards in the garage, and only the tele-ski's, and my long board have seen snow time this year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Holy cow, was that you??? I didn't recognize you in "civilian gear." Why didn't you say something? We were admiring your little tyke. She seems very outgoing and social. Those to older ladies were getting a kick out of her too.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BIGfatED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    924
    BFN....Harrrr. (As Nat would say). No worries Nat you've got that "old man strength" going for you, so you should just be able to get on the bike in May and just rail trail.

    I've been putting time in at the mountain as well this year, but I am switching gears and starting to focus on my cycle training. Last weekend I'm pretty sure I missed the best day at Mt. B this year so I could participate in a 3 hr road ride. Sure wish I could have been two places at once on Sunday. Though I did get to Mt. Hood Meadows on Saturday, but I got there mid day and the crowds were ridiculous!!

    Any who.....I'm stoked to ride some dirt soon. Sounds like a trip to OR is in order very soon.


    BFE

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Your 110 beats my winter mileage (as in, saddle time since oh, October?) by about 108!

    I'm going to change my name to BIGfatNAT.

  10. #10
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    Solo contendre
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,672
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    Sounds like a trip to OR is in order very soon.
    Hunnnh??? Did you move???

  11. #11
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    Solo contendre
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,672
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCookie
    I tend to be a bit of an anti-social bugger. That, and I couldn't get a read on if you were trying to have a "tender moment" .

    Yeah, the old ladies were stoked on Riley. If they knew how sick she was (and I was too), they would have avoided us like we had the plague.

    Been getting up to the hill much?
    I have a lot if 60+ day seasons on a snowboard, but I haven't been able to find my stoke lately. I haven't even had a powder day at Bachie this year... checking for a pulse... okay, need to put pow day on the schedule. I have half a dozen boards in the garage, and only the tele-ski's, and my long board have seen snow time this year.
    We've been married too long to have tender anything. Next time say something, alright?

    I've been boarding about once to twice per week -- just enough that if I didn't go any more this season I'd be okay with it, but I wouldn't mind a few more days. My two daughters are signed up for more lessons next week so I'll bring my board along just in case.

    I've been working on terrain park jumping the last few times. On the new park under the Rainbow Chair I thought I pulled a hernia on landing an unintentionally big one. I hit the ground and felt something "down there" go beee-BYOOP!. What followed was some sharp pain and me trying to hold my parts inside. Thankfully the pain left as quickly as it came and I waddled off pretending there was nothing to see here.

  12. #12
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Hunnnh??? Did you move???

    OR as in OR, OR
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    OakRidge, Oregon
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  13. #13
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    Solo contendre
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    OR as in OR, OR
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    OakRidge, Oregon

    Ahhhh. Quick one, I am.

  14. #14
    Toby Wong?
    Reputation: Tappoix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Ahhhh. Quick one, I am.
    no you're not
    lets not make it a religion, it is recreation

  15. #15
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    Solo contendre
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Tappoix
    no you're not
    DammitTap!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •