mtbr member
    Jul 2005

snow on dog river, surveryor's, oak ridge trails?

Anyone ridden these lately? Too much snow?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

All clear of snow

Blow down could be an issue. I rode Knebal Springs last weekend and the trail was clear of snow but tons of blow down and recent logging forces a hike-a-bike through downed branches but not too bad or too long. I rode the road up to high prairie and just after the two mile mark hit alot of snow on the road. Cool area though, first time riding in the area.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    surveryor's is about the same altitude and location so should be good to go. Thanks for the info. Looks like the high country is finally starting to melt out.
    Nice long ride from high prarie is tr 450 down to 15 mile creek down to the bottom and back up. Or You can also start across from 8 mi creek and ride up 450 to 15 mile creek down to bottom and back.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    A guy i know rode Surv. Ridge last weekend and said it was great. and dog river too. I was going but i'm sick.ARRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

mtbr member
    May 2006

hold off for now

lots of blowdown on 15 mile and 450. left and went to surveyors which was great!

trail work schedule soon on those trails, so they shoud be good in the future. i am bringing a saw the next time up there.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by targa
    Blow down could be an issue. I rode Knebal Springs last weekend and the trail was clear of snow but tons of blow down and recent logging forces a hike-a-bike through downed branches but not too bad or too long. I rode the road up to high prairie and just after the two mile mark hit alot of snow on the road. Cool area though, first time riding in the area.
    Which road are you talking about? The road up to high prairie is paved, and not likely to have any snow... There are several heading up the mountains from high prairie though. Dead mountain? 1931 perhaps? I grew up on high prairie, the dirt out on huckleberry flats is where I did most of my riding, but now it's full of dirtbikers. And where is knebal springs?
    "The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die."

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Scratch that, I did some searching and found that Knebal Springs is much farther north. I thought you were talking about the Oakridge area, which has it's own "high prairie".
    "The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die."

Singletrack Junkie
    Dog River and Surveyors are snow free. The Dog is in dire need of a good brushing with the bottom is really getting overgrown-watch your speed down there.
    Go here to find out about trail status in the MHNF.
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mthood/recre...ls/index.shtml
    Click on the appropriate ranger district for the update

Doogalbob