mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Smith Rock, anyone interested this week?

Hey,

I'd like to go ride Smith Rock some time between Wednesday and Saturday. Anyone interested in going?

Art
    2 wheels

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'm going to try Smith Rock Sunday. I hope the rain stays away

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Art, did you end up going? How were the conditions?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I didn't go, yet.

Something might be wrong with me. Given the choice between driving to mtb and riding a road bike right out my door I've been happily riding road.

I'm hoping it's a spring thing with all the nice roads here. But I'm not yet bored and motivated to drive for mtb rides. I have a stop in Moab coming up in early April so I know I'll have to do a few 'remember how this works' rides before I head that way . Maybe the Lair will be or is clear. The beginner line should get me started.
    2 wheels

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by artnshel
    I didn't go, yet.

Something might be wrong with me. Given the choice between driving to mtb and riding a road bike right out my door I've been happily riding road.

I'm hoping it's a spring thing with all the nice roads here. But I'm not yet bored and motivated to drive for mtb rides. I have a stop in Moab coming up in early April so I know I'll have to do a few 'remember how this works' rides before I head that way . Maybe the Lair will be or is clear. The beginner line should get me started.
    Ain't nuthin' wrong with road. I haven't even clicked into my mtb once yet this year. A few cross-bike strolls through Tetherow is all I've managed, but it's a start.

Moab in April...nice!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I finally went on Sunday afternoon. I parked around the back at Skull Hollow to do the Cole loop around Gray Butte The first mile was was a little muddy and the Cole loop trail was too muddy to feel good about riding so I just rode the road up to the Gray Butte trail. It was too wet and soft too so I was done.
    2 wheels

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I got out to the Maston area on Sunday, and was impressed. I expected very little, but there are some reasonably buffed trails, and enough stuff going on to keep me entertained for a while. Not too much real climbing or decending, but not really flat either.

I give it one and a half thumbs up. If there were trail markers and some clues as to mileage, it would get 2 thumbs up from me for what there is this time of year, and proximity (closer for me than Horse Ridge, and way closer than Smith).