mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Skibowl...am I missing something?

Socal native here who is coming up to Portland for a visit in mid June. I was hoping Timberline would be online at this point, but that looks to be a bit in the future. had always ridden Sandy and Post on previous trips and loved them, but was curious about Skibowl. The prior stuff I had read about the place was not glowing, but I just checked out some of the vids on their site...looks pretty fun. Have they upped their game or is that just some creative editing?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    It has a little bit for everybody, but make sure to wear pads. The problem at Skibowl isn't the trails, necessarily. The issue with its terrain is related to how loose and unkempt it has been in the past. This is really a matter of opinion, too, because I really enjoy it up there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Lol...sounds like all the riding here in socal...loose and steep!

mtbr member
    They've recently built a freeride section at the bottom that's really fun. The expert course is a riot but off-limits unless you know someone. I love that place but more and more gets closed off every year it seems. Worth the trip tho just for the new FR section!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Cool...how many miles of Fr do they have? How are the moderate to advanced trails that are legal? Also, strictly theoretically, how easy would it be to poach the expert trail?

mtbr member
    The FR is short but SICK!!! The new vid captures it I'm sure. You need to be on your game (a bud spent a week in the hospital getting a bit overzealous on it) and it is worth the trip alone. The expert trail can be poached but do it discreetly or you'll get your lift ticket poached! Off to the left of the park. Let me know when you're in town and I'll ride with and get you a "hall pass".

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!