mtbr member

Shuttle info for the MRT

Riding the MRT next sunday and was wondering about shuttle services, if anybody has used any or would recommend some?

mtbr member
    check out Cog Wild if you are leaving from Bend. There might be a limited amount of shuttles going to the MRT right now. It all depends on demand.

www.cogwild.com

mouthbreather
    Sep 2005
    I contacted this place over the summer. They seemed reasonable though I never went through with it. This might be a good option if you're camping on the MRT.

singletrack bound

riding on Tuesday the 22nd.

I'm going to be rolling into Paradise Campground sometime in the afternoon on Monday September 21st. The wife and I are heading up to Seattle to visit our daughter and her husband. My plan is to have the wife shuttle me up above Clear Lake on Tuesday morning the 22nd and do the Mckenzie R. trail back to Paradise. I'm going solo as she doesn't ride. I have an extra slot on the bike rack if anyone would like to join me. I ride a steel HT 29er SS and will be cruising the trail and taking a couple photos. Plan is to pack up and skedattle on up to Seattle in the mid afternoon
    Tone.

mtbr member

Mckenzie River Mountain Resort

We used these guys about 2 weeks ago. They'll shuttle people even if your not staying at their resort. I think it was about $25 a person, minimum of 2 riders. The nice part is their only about 10 miles from the bottom of the trail in Blue River. Their website is rivermountainresort.com

Tree Hugger
    It's good to hear that people are happy with the service from MRM. I wondered why there was no "real shuttle" option from the McKenzie Bridge business community.

I have always had success meeting other riders in the Ranger Station parkinglot, or hitch hiking to the top after my ride, but it isn't ideal.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    We used them on Sunday, they were great. Our scheduled time was 11:00, we arrived about 10:00 and he was early,we loaded up and was up at the trail head by 11:00. Great service and Chris was very frendly. His rack only holds 5 bikes, so for larger groups they would have to use 2 vehicles. Saved us lots of time shuttling ourselves, well worth the $20 each it cost.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Or you could save $20 and RIDE your bike up it and then back.

mtbr member
    didn't think of that, next time........ya right never could make it even in my dreams