Metalheadbikerider

Saturday morning Forest Park roll call...

PUMP has got the ball rolling downhill on getting new trails for all of us, now it's time for the rest of us that use Forest Park to help keep it going. Who's showing up Saturday morning to do a little trailwork and riding? I plan to ride from my house with a backpack of work clothing to the bottom of FL 5, help for a couple of hours, and then ride for a bit. It would be great to meet and ride with some of you. If you have plans already, spread the word to other riders.
    Brian
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member

Good job! Location/Time

Thanks so much for your participation!!
    Very much looking forward to meeting you in person on Saturday.

Those planning to attend:

Event: Firelane 5 Trail Party
    Date: Saturday, November 3rd
    Time: 9am 1:00 pm
    Rendezvous Location: Bottom of Saltzman off Hwy 30
    Bring: Gloves, wet weather gear, water

Directions: From Portland drive out Highway 30 and make a left on Saltzman Road. Drive to the gate. If you are riding your bike just ride to the bottom of Fire Lane 5.

Jeff Hough will be bringing all of his trail equipment and breakfast pastries from Grand Central Bakery. Trail parties will be scheduled on a quarterly basis going forward.

Thank you for your energy and participation in this endeavor. Your participation is key to our goal!

Please let me know if you are coming so we can have adequate tools (and pastries) for you.

Shanti Ware
    Forest Park Co-Representative
    Portland United Mountain Pedalers (PUMP)
    Mtb_grrl@msn.com
    www.pumpclub.org

Singletrack Addict
    This is exactly the kind of thing I want to get involved with. However, I generally work Saturdays, so maybe schedule some in the future for Sundays?

mtbr member
    There are several people who've requested weekday and Sunday work parties. I will do my best to accomodate everyone as the energy and enthusiasm is fantastic. I want to keep that going. Please understand that the work parties are dependent on getting everything together with my partners with the tools, keys, etc.

I am working on the trail maintenance/building schedule for Calendar Year 2008. I will do my best to get a variety of days of the week on that schedule. The schedule will be posted to PUMP's Ride Calendar (www.pumpclub.org) and to the Friends Of Forest Park's site (www.friendsofforestpark.org) when it is finalized.

Thank you for your input and enthusiasm!

Shanti

Singletrack Addict
    That's great. I'll keep an eye on the calendar.

Thank you for all of your work and energy.

mtbr member
    I look forward to making it out. I'm planning to bring my son and his friend too, so they can see what Forest Park was like before it had a plethora of mtb trails. With our effort, the hope is their future will provide more opportunity for this sort of recreation, here in town.

Thanks to those who've put in the work to organize this endeavor.