troubled economist

Sandy Ridge Trail System Work Party Days (new days added)

Northwest Trail Alliance is hosting, along with land manager for the Sandy Ridge Trail System, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), two upcoming work parties:

-*NEW* Saturday, March 20th (link)
    -Saturday, April 24th (link)

Please visit the Northwest Trail Alliance website for more information and to sign up for the events.

***Additionally the BLM is looking for a few strong hands to help with some maintenance on the stream crossing on the Hide & Seek trail, this Friday, March 12th. If you're interested, meet at 9AM at the yellow gate (Homestead Rd gate on E Barlow Road) Google Maps link. If you have any questions about helping this Friday, contact Zach Jarrett at the BLM, zachary_jarrett[at]blm[dot]gov.***
    Last edited by toowacky; 03-09-2010 at 08:52 AM.

troubled economist
    Reminder, if you want to help w/ the creek crossing tomorrow at Sandy Ridge, be at the Homestead Road (yellow gate) at 9AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by toowacky
    Reminder, if you want to help w/ the creek crossing tomorrow at Sandy Ridge, be at the Homestead Road (yellow gate) at 9AM.
    Thanks for putting this out there. If I was off on Friday, I would be there, especially with wife home with the kids that day. Hopefully, I can help with the other work days though.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    I'll be there on April 24th but wont be able to March 12th or 20th dates.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

troubled economist
    The 3/20 trail work day at Sandy Ridge was well attended, about 25 people.

-The upper berms on the converted road to trail section got buffed out/reworked-- flow great now

-The stream crossing had a bunch of work done to it-- drainages cut, rock armoring, gravel hauled and put down and a couple of switchbacks on the downhill side to make that more manageable

Awesome work by all who attended!!!

Next trail work day sponsored by NWTA is on April 24th.