mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Sandy Ridge trail condition

Does anyone know whats the condition of sandy ridge trail after it rains? I was planning to go tomorrow but not sure if its close or not. I just dont want to drive 3 hours and not be able to ride. I was there couple of weeks ago and liked it a lot and I want to go back there.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I was going to ask the same exact question. My plan is to check out Sandy Ridge and if it is slick as snot, head over to 8Mile/Knebel Springs on the east side of Hood. I expect the trails off FR44 to be in prime condition.

Old & slow
    It holds up real well in the rain. There is so much gravel, you won't slide a bit. ;-) lol Seriously, ride Sandy! It will be good.

Jim

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Screw Sandy Ridge this is RD 44 and Post Canyon time of year. I rode Post yesterday and it was absolutely prime! Unbelievable and no gravel

what the quan?!
    Ahhh that's just what I wanted to here... I plan on hitting up Post later this afternoon!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Sandy Ridge is good but Post gets pretty screwed with too much rain! Sandy is pretty good except for really nasty conditions during really heavy rain periods.
    Last edited by Jaybo; 10-09-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Singletrack Addict

Not too wet yet!

Maybe that's where I will head out to on Monday afternoon. Besides, I need a pair of winter gloves..

If anyone wants a carpool option from NEPO on October tenth, reply here or PM me, I can easily accommodate four people + bikes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Just remember to wear bright clothing if you ride the road 44 trails. I think there might be fewer hunters on SR than Knebal and 8 mile.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Rode Sandy today...Still awesome with all the rain. Love that place. Pretty quiet day out there overall which was surprising.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    That was cause everybody was out there on Saturday. Lots of hunters as well. I think one of the hunrt camps out there decided it was a good idea to throw logs on the trail. Be careful out there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAD View Post
    Rode Sandy today...Still awesome with all the rain. Love that place. Pretty quiet day out there overall which was surprising.
    Ya, it was surprisingly good. There is going to be hero dirt when it dries out next week.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein