Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    B42
    mtbr member

Sandy Ridge bike company demos.

Quote Originally Posted by pigdog View Post
    Salsa will experience crickets out there today if its anything like the last Friday demo we saw a couple weeks ago (Ibis?),
    Looked like a full parking lot and lots of people on bikes around 1:30 today. Nobody parked at the gate, so not "really" full.
    ## Every time I cheat death it reinforces the adolescent belief that I'm invincible. ##

mtbr member
    Ibis under engineers it's choices with an insulated, close circle and an often admittedly regretable approach.

Metalheadbikerider
    I'm with ya. There should be an easy fix for this, and what you have mentioned seems like a good start. There is also potential parking across the street from the gate.
    The parking lot is for riders, first and foremost, and the spaces are hard enough to come by on most days. Did you contact the BLM rep for Sandy Ridge? I have heard he is a great guy.
    Having my son ride down that road is not an option (he's four), dropping him off while I bring the car back is not an option (he's four), and not riding at Sandy when I have time to do so with him is not an option. He loves to ride there, and that's the point of the place.
    I only see things like this becoming more of an issue in the future if a solution is not found. Sandy ain't getting any less busy anytime soon. Thanks for bringing this up and trying to find a solution.
    Cheers!
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa#1 View Post
    Where did you learn about the demo that day? I had no idea it was scheduled and I am typically aware of such events. FYI, you can still ride the CCP course during the event. It's never been closed before.
    I found out at Universal, but I think it was online too. I know you could still ride the CCP course, but Randy wasn't doing shuttles. We rode the full middle fork and waldo for the weekend.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Make the parking lot bigger. Impose a fee for a demo vehicle & put it towards making the lot bigger. Keep the bathroom where it is & wrap a new lot around it or simply widen the existing lot so demo vehicles can pull off the lot so they don't occupy existing spaces.

Yeah, it doesn't even need to be paved. Just scrape all that horrendous 3/4 minus off the trail & use that. I have a quasi love/hate feeling towards the demo thing. I like to demo new bikes but it puts a lot of tarded behavior out on the trail. People riding up the trails or packs of tards adjusting their bike in the middle of blind turn.

I would have to echo others sentiments about the attitude of some the demo peeps. All & all I have had a positive experience with the demo dudes but what was up the santa cruz kids??? Holly smokes go back to Cali. And in conclusion I have never seen a dog ride a bike...sounds rad though.

mtbr member
    Sandy Ridge is in the BLM Salem district:
    Welcome to Salem Oregon/Washington BLM

Might be a good idea to contact the BLM directly with your concerns. I know that the managers are aware of discussions in this forum, but it wouldn't hurt to let them know, especially if you have ideas on how to make it work more smoothly...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    GIANT Demo this up-coming Sunday (Tomorrow 10-4pm)
    Just So ya all know...
    and just to set the record straight....special use permits ARE paid by Companies in order to use this space, and are NOT allowed to sell any products....just provide a service.

ll the funds go back into development of the BLM project.
    just so everyone understands.

In addition to the above, the BLM has been asked to NOT allow as many DEMO companies at one time again.

SO........

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by veeco View Post
    GIANT Demo this up-coming Sunday (Tomorrow 10-4pm)
    Just So ya all know...
    and just to set the record straight....special use permits ARE paid by Companies in order to use this space, and are NOT allowed to sell any products....just provide a service.

ll the funds go back into development of the BLM project.
    just so everyone understands.

In addition to the above, the BLM has been asked to NOT allow as many DEMO companies at one time again.

SO........
    Thanks for the info, step in the right direction, nice to know the permit funds go back to trail support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2