Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Sandy Ridge Assaults?

I got reports from a friend that works for the watershed that a couple of people were at Sandy brandishing a weapon and threatening people and may have tazed someone's dog. Anyone have any information on this?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I heard about this from some guys at the last build day. If its the same group then it's been reported a few times to the local enforcement and needs to be reported to the sherrif if anything else happens.

mtbr member
    Man, I hope they round these guys up. MTBing is the last thing in the world that anyone should get that worked up about.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I heard it was a man and women that frequently hike at the trails. What I was told is that they carry a taser and have threatened dogs and a person with it. This is all just what I heard so maybe none of it is true.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by finch6013 View Post
    I heard it was a man and women that frequently hike at the trails. What I was told is that they carry a taser and have threatened dogs and a person with it. This is all just what I heard so maybe none of it is true.
    yeah, what do these people look like? I saw a sketchy looking guy up there today, looked none too pleased to see us - both on the road and at the upper kiosk

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I did not realize that sandy was open to hikers. Why is that? Mountain bikers built, maintain, and I would assume fund it all. Why allow hikers on it. It would be great for once to say get off my trail you hiker.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Oh and they better be sneaky with the taser , good luck with a 6 ft 6, 220 pissed off mountain biker. Huck my bike at you the kick you in the ballzzzzzz. Pick up my bike and continue my ride

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Send the sherrif to Round em up and send em off to hang out with Dr Sabatoge the loony therapist from Medford.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pigdog View Post
    yeah, what do these people look like? I saw a sketchy looking guy up there today, looked none too pleased to see us - both on the road and at the upper kiosk
    I haven't heard what they look like but I'm sure it's not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    I did not realize that sandy was open to hikers. Why is that? Mountain bikers built, maintain, and I would assume fund it all. Why allow hikers on it. It would be great for once to say get off my trail you hiker.
    I'm not sure why hikers are allowed up there either and I've strait up blown them off the trail before and didn't look back. Probably not the best thing to do but hey.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pigdog View Post
    Tall skinny guy in upper 50's/lower 60's with glasses, grey'ish hair with hat. Short gal in early/mid 50's with brown hair. If they aren't walking up the road or trails, they usually ride they bikes up and down the road as well. They live in the area and were more than likely hiking/riding their bikes up the road well before the trails were built. They both are a little "off", mentally illness? and the gal is fearful of dogs and is why they pack weapons with them. I have the Ranger's direct contact info if anyone sees this couple doing odd things, such as pulling weapons out on bikers. I will be happy to pass the info along as the ranger is following this with any witnesses to aformentioned assault and keeping an eye out on the couple before making any arrests.
    Ride On!

Dude, got any schwag?
    Y'all taze mah dawg, I moe bust yo heyd!
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Sounds like in addition to my normal gear I might bring my ccw next time I'm out there.
    Voice your support for Timberline Bike Park
    http://www.timberlinelodge.com/mountainbike/

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Tall skinny guy in upper 50's/lower 60's with glasses, grey'ish hair with hat. Short gal in early/mid 50's with brown hair. If they aren't walking up the road or trails, they usually ride they bikes up and down the road as well. They live in the area and were more than likely hiking/riding their bikes up the road well before the trails were built. They both are a little "off", mentally illness? and the gal is fearful of dogs and is why they pack weapons with them. I have the Ranger's direct contact info if anyone sees this couple doing odd things, such as pulling weapons out on bikers. I will be happy to pass the info along as the ranger is following this with any witnesses to aformentioned assault and keeping an eye out on the couple before making any arrests.
    Meets the description about perfect, there was a basic bike parked and leaned up against the second lower gate to the left on the way up. We first saw him on the road about at the monkey entrance, then again at the top later. Short grey hair / balding, far off look in hs eyes. I've seen him up there before. Sketchy.

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    Sounds like in addition to my normal gear I might bring my ccw next time I'm out there.
    I understand your motivation, but I really don't want to see a headline that says, "Mountain Biker Shoots Hikers".

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thrasher_s View Post
    I understand your motivation, but I really don't want to see a headline that says, "Mountain Biker Shoots Hikers".
    I am a bit conflicted on this one. ha, I could not help it. Temptation...
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Don't taze me bro!!

Afric Pepperbird
    Set up a trap for the bastard, like I suggested when that a$$hole was breaking into cars along the Wilson River highway. Then gang bang him! (umm, not in the sexual manner).

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Gang bang him. Wow! Law enforcement needs to get involved. That area of Mt. Hood has some interesting cats holed up in those woods. Meth alley. That said, you taz my dog and you might get a large stick upside your head. Although no way I'm taking my dog to Sandy Ridge anymore...

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Set up a trap for the bastard, like I suggested when that a$$hole was breaking into cars along the Wilson River highway. Then gang bang him! (umm, not in the sexual manner).
    Gang Bang..HA! We need to come up with some type of award/rating system for the best posts on threads like these.
    You sir, Mr dirt farmer are the winner!!

If I happen to see them next time I'm up there I'll warn them that they're in immanent danger of being gang banged by a bunch of mountain bikers if they keep up with their shenanigans . You gotta out crazy the crazy's man!!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Can you say Deliverance? Very funny.

Delay

Sandy Ridge Assaults?

I agree with Whalenard. Out crazy the crazies. I grew up in NW Portland and have 20+ years experience with nuts. They don't know what to do when you out weird them, they practically shut down.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on.

B42
    mtbr member

Sandy Ridge Assaults?

I love having dogs around sandy ridge, and since I lost mine a few years ago I go out if my way to pet them/ride with them any chance I get. That being said, sandy ridge is in Clackamas county and according to laws they should be on a leash in any public place (complexly unpractical, I know).
    ## Every time I cheat death it reinforces the adolescent belief that I'm invincible. ##

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    Anybody willing to offer their dog as bait? I'm not.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thrasher_s View Post
    Anybody willing to offer their dog as bait? I'm not.
    Maybe someone has an "EX" to offer up... my dog is off limits too!
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    He's from Ashland. Not Medford.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast