Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Salem Silverton area

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RFix 
#1 ·
Will be visiting my brother in laws for Thanksgiving. Looking for XC with some moderate technical stuff. Don't want to drive much more than an hour from this area.

Have heard about Balckrock but am wondering if it is too downhill / freeride for me, I'm old and break easily. Also heard of some singletrack in Dallas and Silver Falls State Park. I ride Galbraith as my home course, am comfortable on 1 or 2 foot drops but thats my limit.

Typical ride is about 6 miles with an elevation gain of about 1200 feet.

Route suggestions are welcome, gpx files would be very appreciated!

Cheers,

Rob

#2 ·
Rob,

Silver Falls State Park has some good riding in it, I've ridding there a couple times and had fun. I know there is more in the area, here is a thread I started last year on the area.

I'm pretty sure there is a map to the park, if not I'm sure someone there could get you started. It seems like we did about 12-15 miles and that wasn't all we could have done.

here are a couple photo's I took last October.

A climb out of the park

Very green landscape

#3 ·
Dallas is also a fine place to ride- one main logging road up, several branch singletracks back down- really quite good. riding during the week is sketchy due to onsite logging operations, so the weekend is likely better. that and make sure your car doesnt have anything of value showing- the parking "lot" (read: side of road) has had cars broken into before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.