mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Sa, 11/6 Central Oregon ride choice?

I will be riding with my boss this Saturday. Considering Peterson Ridge, Met/Win, Mrazek shuttle. Wives can drop us at Sisters and shop. We can drop a vehicle at Shelvin Park. What is the riding status of the higher sections? I have never ridden upper Peterson Ridge or that section of Met/Win. Is there a high probability of getting lost even with a map?

Thanks

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydown
    I will be riding with my boss this Saturday. Considering Peterson Ridge, Met/Win, Mrazek shuttle. Wives can drop us at Sisters and shop. We can drop a vehicle at Shelvin Park. What is the riding status of the higher sections? I have never ridden upper Peterson Ridge or that section of Met/Win. Is there a high probability of getting lost even with a map?

Thanks
    I think the window has closed for the higher elevation trails. People were cross-country skiing and snowmobiling up at Dutchman Flat last weekend, which I believe is lower elevation than what you are considering.

I have ridden that upper section of Metolius/Windigo from Happy Valley over to Three Creeks Lakes. Route finding was not a problem, but the trail was not all that much fun. It was very deep sand for approximately 4 miles. It appeared that mostly it had horse traffic.
    Last edited by Nat; 11-03-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Afric Pepperbird
    Peterson Ridge seems like it would be great this time of year!

I may head up there myself next week. Do the longest, most prolonged loop that you can.

There is new trail tape markers on the other (west) side of Forest Rd. 16, and I can hardly wait for the expansion.

mtbr member
    I rode PRT last Sunday and the trails are in perfect shape! I'm thinking about going back this Sunday.When its raining in the "valley"the sun is usually out in Bend/Sisters.

Members who have read this thread: 0