Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Round/Lookout Mts?

936 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  rbwen 
#1 ·
Heading down from WA next weekend to ride the Ochocos. Anything to be aware of concerning the Round/Lookout loop? Rode Lookout Mt. a few years ago and enjoyed it so we're going to try the longer ride this time.

Access still okay? Trail still in decent shape?

TIA

Ray

#3 ·
Ray;
the Ochocos are simply amazing the RM lookout mtn trails are fantastic and in fine shape (as of a few weeks ago) simply because they dont seen a ton of use. I would recommend stopping a the Mother Lode mine on the way up Lookout mtn. Also the Lookout mtn climb has a few options, I would choose the western most route (forgetting the spur number). You will love the area!
Enjoy!

#6 ·
I rode out there the week before Labor Day and it was in great shape. Even then, during bow season there were a few bow hunters about, but nothing to worry about. I second Nat's recommendation. I did the 804 a couple years ago and it was ok, but the 808 was better IMHO. I could see doing a figure 8 of sorts by going up 804, down 808A then back up 808, if you wanted more miles, which most people don't. I'd also recommend checking out the MTB Project app for your smart phone. It has this route going up the 808 and you use it like a GPS without cell service. It worked better than I expected it to.

It's an awesome ride, enjoy.

#8 ·
Sorry about that, I didn't know the trail numbers, I was thinking that 804 (not the decent) would be a good route up as I went up 808A and it was a grunt. There trails near that intersection were marked but the map I had wasn't the best. Have a great ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.