mtbr member

road tripping from p town to tahoe, what route to maximize bike fun?

Me and a bud are going to head out for a week long road trip to tahoe and back, with the only goal of doing a lot of sweet riding.
    What is the best way to go down there and hit up as much good riding as possible?
    was thinking of hitting up oakridge, willamette pass and ashland in oregon, then a friend of ours is going to hook us up with some DH rigs to ride north star in tahoe, and of course do the downieville downhill.

we are down for any kind of riding, from jumps to all day xc riding. what route should we take, any trail recommendations you think we shouldn't miss?

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Waldo Lake (right at Willamett pass) is a sweet ride. There is a trail that goes around the lake, it is a high elevation one. 6000ft more or less, I recall. It is about a 25 mile loop. More or less. Good XC type. There aren't really any 'serious' hill climbs. There are some though.

Fun ride, for sure. You just cant stop for too long if you dont want to lose blood to the mesquitos, though. I am going scuba diving there this Saturday. Maybe a little riding.

mtbr member
    I would head straight through. You won't even be able to hit all of the Tahoe classics in a week. Yes you will be driving by some killer stuff but Tahoe is better.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity
    I would head straight through. You won't even be able to hit all of the Tahoe classics in a week. Yes you will be driving by some killer stuff but Tahoe is better.
    I agree, but on the grounds that if you're driving all that way, you should maximize the time "in country." If you live in Portland, Oakridge and even Ashland is fairly accessible, but how often can you take a week to ride in the Sierra's?

mtbr member
    yeah, you guys are right, straight to tahoe it is!