mtbr member

Riverview Trailhead?

Having a hard time funding info on the Riverview trail near L&C. Can someone share some info as to the location of the trailhead? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hey DigbyDog. The trailhead is basically at the intersection of SW Brugger Street and SW Palatine Hill Road. There is a sign, but it is off the street. The trails are pretty obvious once at the clearing in the woods just off of Palatine Road. Once you hit Macadam take a left and ride back up the Riverview Cemetery Road (there are signs for the bike route), or climb back up the trail. One thing to note is that the residents don't like people parking along Palatine Hill Road even though there are areas without signage. Have fun out there.

mtbr member
    Thanks... I drove by on the way home from work and easy to find trailhead. Thanks again for the beta on the parking situation as well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Can anyone give a decent description of the Riverview trail ride? Is it a short downhill run or is it an XC loop? Is it one-way? Would it be a good place for a long trail ride or is it too short in terms of it's trail network due to it's location?

Any info. would be great.

Metalheadbikerider
    It is a small network of trails that were mostly fall-line trails. Some are steep, rooty, and rutted. It is basically ups and downs with little to no traversing trails. There is one trail that is the best piece of singletrack in the Metro area, in my opinion, and worth riding multiple times if you are close by. As you enter the trailhead you will see a larger mound of dirt to the left. It begins on the edge of that mound.
    It is a great post-work ride spot for some short laps. The climb up is brutal (most need to walk sections of it), or you can dump down to the road, take a left, head back up the cemetary road, repeat. I have been seeing more and more riders there so you might run into someone there who can show you the way.
    The committee to decide what to do with the land is starting soon. I will be the NWTA rep for that committee. It will be used to improve water quality first, recreation second.
    Cheers!
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    What's the mileage?
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

I got nothin'
    There are four lines (trails) from the TH (at Palatine Hill Rd) down to Highway 43. Each one is about a 1/2 mile in length. Just choose any one and head down, they all join at the same location down near Highway 43. I will climb up on the northly most trail or follow the trail headed straight south that leads you to Lewis and Clark, then head west back up to SW Palatine Hill Rd. I wouldn't ride up the other routes due to fear of getting nailed by someone coming down. Some tough sight lines in a few areas.

It's really not a destination place to ride, but fun to get a couple of quick runs down before or after work if your in the hood.
    I ride at ludicrous speed