Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,550

    Riding in Bend this weekend

    I'm going to Sunriver for a weekend. Can a guy ride Phil's or other trails right now? It is wet but I'm wondering if anything is ridable. I might bring the road bike and go for a buzz...assuming the road stays snow free.

    Jaybo

    PS I would be riding mostly on Sunday. Anyone going out?

  2. #2
    Gittyup!
    Reputation: SLinBend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    528
    Although I haven't been up there in the last week, I can't imagine anything in the Phil's vacinity would be clear enough of snow to ride. Could be wrong. FYI - I XC skied Kent's trail from Phil's TH the weekend before last and there was LOTS of snow.

    Perhaps Horse Ridge, but haven't been there yet this winter either. Smith Rock might be a better option assuming it's not wet (if wet, it'll be pudding).

    Bringing the ski's might be a better option.

    Sheesh... a lotta help I am, huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I'm going to Sunriver for a weekend. Can a guy ride Phil's or other trails right now? It is wet but I'm wondering if anything is ridable. I might bring the road bike and go for a buzz...assuming the road stays snow free.

    Jaybo

    PS I would be riding mostly on Sunday. Anyone going out?

  3. #3
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,550

    Yep

    It is the only sucky thing about living in the NW: most of the winter is either too wet or snowy to ride. However, spring is around the corner .

    I'm going to cross country ski on Sunday. Not much fun but good for the old cardio system.

    Bend rules in the Fall, Spring, and Summer...

    Jaybo

  4. #4
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    Solo contendre
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I'm going to Sunriver for a weekend. Can a guy ride Phil's or other trails right now? It is wet but I'm wondering if anything is ridable. I might bring the road bike and go for a buzz...assuming the road stays snow free.

    Jaybo

    PS I would be riding mostly on Sunday. Anyone going out?
    Low probability for trail riding. I haven't seen too many folks out on road bikes either (although I think I saw ss4life commuting after dark today -- I saw his big cowboy moustache). It's pretty nasty out there right now and there's a lot of crud on the road shoulders. If you do road ride, bring your health insurance card!

  5. #5
    industry employee
    Reputation: mtbzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    291
    Bring your snorkel and fins!!!!

  6. #6
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,550

    Going skiing @ Bachelor

    I had better build a feakin' ark. Thanks for tip but Bachelor is going to see my tail doing some turns. Can't wait. The bikes will stay in the stand this weekend.

    Jaybo

  7. #7
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    The bikes will stay in the stand this weekend.

    Jaybo
    and you won't be installing that brake set!
    I bailed at 270...

  8. #8
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,550

    Cool-blue Rhythm Too rich for my blood

    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    and you won't be installing that brake set!
    I bailed at 270...
    I must be crazy but I'm considering trying some Louise FR. Pretty cheap, and the boys have been raving about 'em. You can get 'em at on E Bay now for $246 shipped brand spanking new.

    Jaybo

    PS that guy wanted to meet me and sell 'em to me for $300. Hmmm. Nah! No warranty and used.

  9. #9
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I must be crazy but I'm considering trying some Louise FR. Pretty cheap, and the boys have been raving about 'em. You can get 'em at on E Bay now for $246 shipped brand spanking new.

    Jaybo

    PS that guy wanted to meet me and sell 'em to me for $300. Hmmm. Nah! No warranty and used.
    I got his Louises for 182.50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •