mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Rides around Hood River

Me and my buds are planning a trip to Hood River this September. We are looking for some sweet downhill rides as well as some not to long "All Mountain Rides".We are all from the Kootenays (Rossland and Nelson) so we are all comfortable with the free ride scene. We're planning to ride for 3 days so some trail advice would be much appreciated.
    How's the riding at Mt.Hood?.Suggestions for camp sites or Condo would be appreciated as well.Is it better to stay at Hood River or at Mt.Hood?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I think this topic comes up at least once a month, go to search and type in 'Hood River'. That should answer your questions.

Singletrack Addict

Visitor Sticky

Quote Originally Posted by amtbr
    I think this topic comes up at least once a month, go to search and type in 'Hood River'. That should answer your questions.
    Some of the other state forums (AZ, UT) have a sticky thread where visitors can find answers to faq.
    Maybe with our burgeoning attraction as a destination mtb area, it's time for our own banner thread to help out the tourists. Of course we might need another one for all the folks looking to relocate here.

On topic: September is THE best time of year for the Hood and other spots up and down the Cascades.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I agree Snake, unfortunately the Oregon forum is almost always dead and any new posts are 'I am moving to Portland, can I mountain bike there?' or 'Bend seems cool'. Not that theres anything wrong with these questions, but use the SEARCH function people, seriously, its not that f*cking hard.

Oh and I'll be nice: search for post canyon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Jake at Mountain View Bikes can give you a great tour of Post Canyon freeriding (as can dozens of others in HR), and I could stitch together a killer 40 miler predominantly downhill tour. PM when it gets close. Always looking for an excuse for a long ride!

And September is a great choice.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the reply Kosmo, thats the info I was hoping to get from my post. I have searched many of the sites and rides (Post Canyon etc...) already , but I was hoping for some "local " opinions of the rides in the area. The locals always know the best spots. Many of the trail descriptions you read on the net are not always the best!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I agree with Snake, I think that it is about time that the Oregon forum has a sticky to help out people who are looking for riding/ vacationing info.