mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Ride Report - Permberton BC

Here is a report from a couple rides we did in Pemberton during our yearly BC pilgrimage. Super fun XC riding, but I need to learn the area to put together higher quality routes. We'll definitely return to the area to do just that.

Wheels & Water: Pemberton (8.23.11 & 8.24.11)

-Nate

P.S. There is a plethora of world-class mountain biking in Southwest BC. Between North Shore, Squamish, Whistler, and Pemberton, you won't run out of options, regardless of skill level or type of riding (i.e. XC, Freeride, DH). Plus it's only about a 8-9 hour drive from Eugene.

mtbr member
    Good read. I haven't been to the Whistler side of BC, but have taken a few trips to the Rossland/Nelson area. What really impresses me is the technical nature of the trails, a black trail in Canada is way different than a black in the PNW.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

I just wanna ride my bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Dogg View Post
    P.S. There is a plethora of world-class mountain biking in Southwest BC. Between North Shore, Squamish, Whistler, and Pemberton, you won't run out of options, regardless of skill level or type of riding (i.e. XC, Freeride, DH). Plus it's only about a 8-9 hour drive from Eugene.
    Nice report. Glad to hear you enjoy the riding up here. I'd highly recommend heading a bit further from Pemberton and ride the superb singletrack of the South Chilcotins (Goldbridge, BC). You will not be disappointed!

PS. While you enjoy our riding up here, we are fans of Oregon trails, e.g. Hood River, Oakridge, Bend. So many trails, so little time.