mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Ride Report - Black Rock (in Lycra)

Just finished the ride report from our trip to Back Rock a few weekends ago. Everyone one of our warriors was clad in Lycra & had short travel steeds, and we all had a fantastic time! In other words, being a XC rider should not deter you from riding there on occasion -- We actually got in over 3k of climbing to boot!

Wheels & Water: Black Rock, OR (In Lycra)

-Nate

mtbr member
    Sicter Gnar is even better than BD. It's one of my favorite trails I've ever ridden. No surpise gaps or anything on it either.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Dogg View Post
    Just finished the ride report from our trip to Back Rock a few weekends ago. Everyone one of our warriors was clad in Lycra & had short travel steeds, and we all had a fantastic time! In other words, being a XC rider should not deter you from riding there on occasion -- We actually got in over 3k of climbing to boot!

-Nate
    Thanks for sharing, that was a great write up and awesome pictures. A few more times to BR and you guys will be hitting granny's.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Another great post! Thanks again...
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Nice work! I always enjoy your ride reports. Planning a trip to BC this July and your right write ups have been quite useful.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Cool post. I try to get my xc racing friends to join on trips to Blackrock for the same reasons you mention. I'm slowly converting them.

Side Note - I think you'd like a packraft for these kind of low water winter conditions when kayaking is not ideal (not to mention summer trips). Full Disclosure - My family owns AlpackaRaft (the main manufacturer), but I mention it only as a potential interest not a sales pitch. Seems like something up your alley.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Dogg View Post

-Nate
    Thanks for posting My girl and I were planning on an Oregon trip this Summer; looks like we'll have to check out Black Rock.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the comments all, glad you enjoyed it!