Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Ride the Divide

  1. #1
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,944

    Ride the Divide

    Saturday, I joined a few friends for a tour of the "Eugene to the Crest" section of the Cascade Creampuff race course (maybe?) We stopped alot and took plenty of pictures, so prepare for a riot of photos from the ride.






















    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  2. #2
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,944

















    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  3. #3
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,944



















    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  4. #4
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,944






























    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    533
    Great pic's...whom was the kid on the DH type bike...I bet he got a good work out riding that on those trails.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudflaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,143
    Once again, great shots Sas! Glad I could provide some good entertainment on the bridge, (I still feel the sliding contact point )
    Flaps

  7. #7
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy23
    Great pic's...whom was the kid on the DH type bike...I bet he got a good work out riding that on those trails.
    His name was Taylor. He was helping Scott with trail work. How Awesome! I'm not sure where he came from, but Scott is teaching him well.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    Once again, great shots Sas! Glad I could provide some good entertainment on the bridge, (I still feel the sliding contact point )
    Flaps
    Looks like a whole body dab.. Those bridges can be pretty trecherous, good thing there was a kick rail on there to keep you from sliding off into the canyon below

  9. #9
    Known Mountainbiker
    Reputation: cazloco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    874
    Great Photos, PhotoMatt!

    Cazloco

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudflaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    Looks like a whole body dab.. Those bridges can be pretty trecherous, good thing there was a kick rail on there to keep you from sliding off into the canyon below
    I took it mostly on the right hip bone, (ouch). I know better about the bridges, but sometimes they're even slicker than you think, h'mmmm.

  11. #11
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    I took it mostly on the right hip bone, (ouch). I know better about the bridges, but sometimes they're even slicker than you think, h'mmmm.
    I felt a little guilty setting up for that photo, hoping someone would try to ride the bridge, with the expected results.

    Thanks for being the guinea pig/stunt man.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudflaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,143

    Listen! You should feel guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    I felt a little guilty setting up for that photo, hoping someone would try to ride the bridge, with the expected results.

    Thanks for being the guinea pig/stunt man.
    You're going to have to pay me a lot more next time.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    60

    Nice Ride!

    Lucky me, I made it through Matt's trap! I saw him empting his water bottle on the bridge. Looking to slow you down so he can talk to you!

  14. #14
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,331

    Stunning, as usual

    Great stuff, PhotoMatt. I counted a bazillion smiles. We sure do live in a green world, don't we. I haven't done Tire Mountain Trail yet this year, but I will soon, by golly.

    Thanks for another excellent photopost.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  15. #15
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Great stuff, PhotoMatt. I counted a bazillion smiles. We sure do live in a green world, don't we. I haven't done Tire Mountain Trail yet this year, but I will soon, by golly.

    Thanks for another excellent photopost.

    --Sparty

    We missed you and the lady out on the trails last weekend.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  16. #16
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    We missed you and the lady out on the trails last weekend.
    We rode [gravel roads] to the top of Bear Mountain (AKA Castle Rock, but not THAT Castle Rock) with Justin on Saturday. It's about a 3000' climb with a stunning 360 degree view from the top. Ride starts just a few miles southeast of beautiful downtown Creswell.

    Hope to take you up there one of these days.

    --Davey
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    46

    looks good

    Great pics I am coming thought oregon this summer how can I find this trail to give a spin
    once again great pics

  18. #18
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,241
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer30
    Great pics I am coming thought oregon this summer how can I find this trail to give a spin
    once again great pics
    It is the "1911 trailhead" through "Aid ZERO" section on this map.
    http://puff100.netfirms.com/art_main...map2_2page.pdf
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •