Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Reedsport/Coos Bay Riding

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sofarider1 
#1 ·
Heading over to Reedsport in a couple weeks and wondering if there is some good riding over there? Looked at the trail reviews on here and didn't find much. Anyone have any info?

#6 ·
Depends on what you like. Personally, I like the homegrown feel of Winchester Trails (south of Coos Bay). The rolling terrain keeps it interesting, and the ruts and roots will challenge ya for sure. No grand vista points, but fun dirt.

There is an area called Blue Ridge that is also South(east) of Coos Bay. The trails there were a little higher up in elevation and more grand than Winchester Trails. I'm not sure what the status is of these trails these days; I haven't lived/ridden on the coast for a couple of years. Call or stop by Moe's Bike Shop in North Bend to get info. Or maybe Jollybeggar or someone here might know the current status.

The Cape area (north of Florence) is quite good: fast, flowey, not technical though, but you get to descend for a long time. They used to have a stunt area up on top, but last I heard they were forced to remove them. These trails have a little bit of an Oakridge feel although scaled down.

Also, the Cape is about an hour north of Reedsport, so it might be outta your way.

As for the riding around Reedsport here the story in a nutshell:

" zip "
No foolin!

Christa

#8 ·
Winchester is also about an hour from Reedsport. I was at the cape last fall and the features at the top were still there. May have been removed by now. Fun skinnies and a 20' teeter totter up top. The biggest teeter I have ever seen ! Its a long climb to the the top with a long descent down. Ask about it at Bikes 101 in Florence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.