VP/ Terrain Designer

Redmond Bike Park!!!

The local BMX and MTB crowd in Redmond, Oregon have been working for about 4 years to get some kind of park for the bikers. The city of Redmond finally approved a park design. ODOT donated the land for the park, and local businesses donated the dirt. On friday it was GO TIME! Over the course of 2 days the local riders came together to whip out a bike park in a weekend. I don't think the city realized it would happen this quick; but thats what you get when you tell bikers there is a legal spot to build, there are materials and tools to build with, oh and we put in 2 hose spigots for ya!
    Below are some photos of the first day of work.

Soon to be water fountain

The city put in 2 of these, so we can keep our park moist

The begginer set

Um.... not really sure how to title this one...

Begginer line, and the beggining of the intermediate line in the background

Part of the Intermediate line

Local ripper throwing a 360 of the first intermediate jump.

I'll be posting more pics tomorrow of the expert jumps, and of any future expansion work.
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

mtbr member

Congrats

I saw you guys out there riding yesterday on my way home (PDX) from Sunriver. You built that in a weekend? That's awesome, keep up the good work. I've mostly been skiing this winter, but I think it's time to break out the rig.

Stan

VP/ Terrain Designer
    Can you say ACME Bike Park? It all came in this sweet little box, with a big red button on top. The box was delivered on friday, we watered the box on saturday, and on sunday we pushed the big red button; and KA-POW, there it is in all its glory!!!!

I wish

VP/ Terrain Designer
    A big thank you to all the local businesses for their donations, and a thank you to the city, ODOT, and the locals for 4 years of persistence! Lets RIDE!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Where exactly is it?

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by conor-smith
    Where exactly is it?
    The pics make it look as if it's near the hospital (which would be perfect), in between the frontage road and the bypass.

mtbr member
    Indeed, it's about two blocks south of the hospital between Canal Blvd and the Bypass. It's a little rough right now, but we hope to have some more dirt coming our way to make some much needed improvements. I guess that's what happens when it gets lots of riding and no shovel time!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ...in Redmond,OR

www.trinitybikes.com

banned
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNick
    Can you say ACME Bike Park? It all came in this sweet little box, with a big red button on top. The box was delivered on friday, we watered the box on saturday, and on sunday we pushed the big red button; and KA-POW, there it is in all its glory!!!!

I wish

Wow there is an original name...is it themed out with Looney Tunes Caricatures as your hucking your nuts? But then again it is Central Oregon...what can one expect from there?