mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Recommendation for a ride Friday 12/30?

Sure enough, as soon as I have a day on the calendar to get out for a ride, the weather conspires against me. Does anybody have a recommendation for a ride for Friday that is not too far from the Portland area?

I was thinking about heading to Syncline, but it looks like they got hit pretty hard with rain the last couple of days. Would it still be worth a shot?

Thanks in advance!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith View Post
    Sure enough, as soon as I have a day on the calendar to get out for a ride, the weather conspires against me. Does anybody have a recommendation for a ride for Friday that is not too far from the Portland area?

I was thinking about heading to Syncline, but it looks like they got hit pretty hard with rain the last couple of days. Would it still be worth a shot?

Thanks in advance!
    Reports are the Hood River area trails are very wet.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Leave it all on the trail
    Confirmed, Rode it Sunday and around the brown house the mud was peeling up onto the tire. Nasty goopy stuff. I think it might be because of the freeze thaw the way the mud was...... the rain might help.

Other areas were in pretty good shape, I suspect Coyote canyon would fair much better.
    Ride. Dig. Party.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    HR trails suck right now! Ride elsewhere.

mtbr member
    Rode Stub Stewart this am and conditions were nice and tacky! Then it rained...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Isn't Stubbs completely paved?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Nothing is paved at Stubs (except the B-V trail, but that was there before the park). Majority of the trails are multi-use and wide. But the mtn bike only section is nice singletrack, although short as it is in its infancy.
    2011 Santa Cruz Blur LTc
    2005 KHS DJ200
    2005 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70 (stolen)

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nh4cl View Post
    Nothing is paved at Stubs (except the B-V trail, but that was there before the park). Majority of the trails are multi-use and wide. But the mtn bike only section is nice singletrack, although short as it is in its infancy.
    Wow, I've only been out there a hand full of times to tow my 2-year old in a trailer. I just googled an actual map of the place and yes, you are right. Can't wait to go out again and hit some of these trails, considering in Beaverton they are really not to far away. Any recomendations on which are better than others?

mtbr member
    As mentioned, the mtb specific trails are still in their infancy. There is a 1 mile XC loop open at the north area, and the miles of multi-use trails have some good elevation change. There is also a very fun mile of trail at the south and some FR runs that aren't open yet, but if you show up for a build day we will sometimes take our bikes out for testing afterwards. more info: Trail:Stub Mountain Bike Area - NWTA Wiki

Its an all volunteer build, but coming along fast with a full 1/2 mile of new trail since November. Aiming for a grand opening of all trails in June.