Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Recommendation for a ride Friday 12/30?

898 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  rob_co2 
#1 ·
Sure enough, as soon as I have a day on the calendar to get out for a ride, the weather conspires against me. Does anybody have a recommendation for a ride for Friday that is not too far from the Portland area?

I was thinking about heading to Syncline, but it looks like they got hit pretty hard with rain the last couple of days. Would it still be worth a shot?

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Confirmed, Rode it Sunday and around the brown house the mud was peeling up onto the tire. Nasty goopy stuff. I think it might be because of the freeze thaw the way the mud was...... the rain might help.

Other areas were in pretty good shape, I suspect Coyote canyon would fair much better.

#7 ·
Nothing is paved at Stubs (except the B-V trail, but that was there before the park). Majority of the trails are multi-use and wide. But the mtn bike only section is nice singletrack, although short as it is in its infancy.

#8 ·
Wow, I've only been out there a hand full of times to tow my 2-year old in a trailer. I just googled an actual map of the place and yes, you are right. Can't wait to go out again and hit some of these trails, considering in Beaverton they are really not to far away. Any recomendations on which are better than others?

#9 ·
As mentioned, the mtb specific trails are still in their infancy. There is a 1 mile XC loop open at the north area, and the miles of multi-use trails have some good elevation change. There is also a very fun mile of trail at the south and some FR runs that aren't open yet, but if you show up for a build day we will sometimes take our bikes out for testing afterwards. more info: Trail:Stub Mountain Bike Area - NWTA Wiki

Its an all volunteer build, but coming along fast with a full 1/2 mile of new trail since November. Aiming for a grand opening of all trails in June.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.