Afric Pepperbird

The rain/wind storm really did a number....

... on the higher elevation trails near Bend.

South Fork is clear, but Flagline, Flagline Tie, Swede Ridge, Skyliners, and Sector 16 all have a bit of deadfall. Especially Sector 16. It has quite a bit, and not all of them are very easy to maneuver around. Just a heads up.

As far as the recent rain, all the above trails are moist but okay, except Sector 16 which has lots of standing water puddles, inches deep. Please ride slowly through the puddles, and not around them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Mrazek also had about 10 blowdowns

Singletrack Addict

IMBA Summit

Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    ... on the higher elevation trails near Bend.

South Fork is clear, but Flagline, Flagline Tie, Swede Ridge, Skyliners, and Sector 16 all have a bit of deadfall. Especially Sector 16. It has quite a bit, and not all of them are very easy to maneuver around. Just a heads up.

As far as the recent rain, all the above trails are moist but okay, except Sector 16 which has lots of standing water puddles, inches deep. Please ride slowly through the puddles, and not around them.
    Should make for good topical discussion.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Rode up Tumalo and Swede, tons of water, and a number of trees down.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for the heads up. Had planned a ride from Swampy down today, but it sounds as if we need to adjust the ride plans.

mtbr member
    I'm heading down your way tomorrow from WA and camping kind of nearish Tumalo Falls at Three Creek Lake. Any trails not rideable? Or better yet... any trails in particularly good shape near here?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift Worker View Post
    I'm heading down your way tomorrow from WA and camping kind of nearish Tumalo Falls at Three Creek Lake. Any trails not rideable? Or better yet... any trails in particularly good shape near here?
    Thanks.

We did a big ride yesterday (25+) out of Wanoga over to Edison, back to Wanoga and down and there are a few trees down, but for the most part trails were great.

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift Worker View Post
    Thanks.
    Other than Sector 16, which has the most blowdown (and mud), all the other nearby trails are okay. You may have to dismount to scramble over a few trees, but it's not too bad. I cannot speak for Mrazek, but a previous poster says about 10 trees down.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info.

COTA member
    Today - rode the upper part of Mrazek / M-W to Happy Valley and then back down Flagline and tree fall was minimal. Rode S16 yesterday and as previously reported lots of tree fall. South Fork and Skyliners were good. Favorite time of year to be on the trails. Fall colors are spectacular. The dust is just about gone. Not too much more time before Phil's trail system will be the only West side option.

newfydog
    May 2009
    Rode Vista Butte trail and found one tree down and a nasty tire-width gulley which will ride out, but was hell for the first one through.

Afric Pepperbird
    Has anyone ridden Mrazek today? I'd like to ride this monday or tuesday, and am hoping it's been cleared. I do realize the chances of it being cleared by now are slim.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Sector all clear as of yesterday for the BBFT ride. Couple trees still down on Mrazk above Farewell, and a couple down on Farewell. Not sure about Mrazk below Farewell. Everything else on the 87 mile BFFT route was clear and in great condition.

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTTherapy View Post
    Sector all clear as of yesterday for the BBFT ride. Couple trees still down on Mrazk above Farewell, and a couple down on Farewell. Not sure about Mrazk below Farewell. Everything else on the 87 mile BFFT route was clear and in great condition.
    I didn't know Sector was part of the BBFT this year. According to this site, it's not. I'm glad it's been cleared, though!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I didn't know Sector was part of the BBFT this year. According to this site, it's not. I'm glad it's been cleared, though!
    Go to the Downloads portion of that site and look at the map for Saturdays ride, or take my word for it since I rode it. Thought that came across clear in my post.

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTTherapy View Post
    Go to the Downloads portion of that site and look at the map for Saturdays ride, or take my word for it since I rode it. Thought that came across clear in my post.
    Sorry, Sally, either your clarity or the website's leaves a bit to be desired.

I hope you did well. I'd be happy to buy your bus ticket back out of town.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Sorry, Sally, either your clarity or the website's leaves a bit to be desired.

I hope you did well. I'd be happy to buy your bus ticket back out of town.
    Sector all clear as of yesterday for the BBFT ride (which I rode). Couple trees still down on Mrazk above Farewell, and a couple down on Farewell. Not sure about Mrazk below Farewell (since I did not ride that stretch as it wasn't part of the Saturday BBFT ride which I participated in). Everything else on the 87 mile BFFT route was clear and in great condition (due to my fist hand experience).

All fixed.

Afric Pepperbird
    Has anyone ridden Mrazek today? I'd like to ride this monday or tuesday, and am hoping it's been cleared. I do realize the chances of it being cleared by now are slim.