PRETENDURO

Preparing to be impressed – week riding Phil’s Trail system of Bend

Leaving this weekend to visit your fine trails. Have been watching the status of the Two Bulls fire all week long, glad to see some closure in sight. From what I’ve read, I am prepared to be impressed. Thank you in advance for the visit. Looking forward to your awesomeness.

Preparing to be impressed – week riding Phil’s Trail system of Bend-14134783227_0049ebb01d_b.jpg
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Go as high as you can to find the best trails in Central Oregon.

Is this thing on?
    The question should be, is Bend ready for you LP. I'm looking forward to some great riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I hit up COD, Storm king, Funner, Twinks, Kiwa, Tyler's, and River Trail this afternoon. Outstanding conditions. The work that COTA did on Tyler's is mindboggling!

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    Go as high as you can to find the best trails in Central Oregon.
    This^^^

Phil's this time of year is for soccer moms and tourists. Oh, wait.... you'd be a tourist. Carry on then.

Tactical Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    This^^^

Phil's this time of year is for soccer moms and tourists. Oh, wait.... you'd be a tourist. Carry on then.
    But you can't come visit Bend and not ride Phil's, right? I mean, maybe your second time there you could skip it, but for your first time there, I think it would be a required ride, just so you can say you did it.

Have a great time LP! You'll enjoy it! Are you hitting other areas, or just Bend?
    - "The true object of all human life is play" - GK Chesterton
    - 2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    - Team Dirt - Build It. Ride It.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    If by "Phil's" you mean every trail between Century and Skyliners then yes, you will be impressed by Phil's. There are times I go to Phil's but end up in Happy Valley or Swampy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    fro will experience the greatness.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    This^^^

Lol I still ride phils. its so convenient and close, I go really early though before work no ones out and I'm solo so no dust.
    2011 Yeti SB-66 XL Fox Float 36, Fox DHX RC4
    Yeti SB-66 Gallery

PRETENDURO
    WOW! What a great time. Froride, Nelson34, IAmHolland and I took our families up there for the week for awesome-oh-oh-OOOH singletrack riding. So far my favourite trail is Grand Slam, the technical rocky bits remind me of a couple local trails here in San Jose, CA (Stile Ranch and Rocky Ridge in Santa Teresa County Park) but even more scenic and beautiful. The pump/slalom track at Phil’s was mega kickass too. However, off the trails, riding to/from Crux Fermentation Project was well worth every ounce drunken. Cannot wait to go back to Bend. Just an awesome experience.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.