mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Post canyon self shuttle trip advice

I have a trip planned in two weekends with 7 guys. We are going to shuttle post on Saturday and ride sandy ridge on Sunday. What are your recommended routes for shuttling? I would assume each run we would start up at dirt surfer which looks to be one of the top trails. I was in hood river a couple weeks ago and picked up a map from a local bike shop( I love that some of the proceeds go to the trails) so I have been trying to get a plan together so we are not spinning circles up there but some advice would be appreciated. We have several shuttle vehicles to make it all happen. I am not really into much xc type of trails. I am looking for flow trails and downhill/technical trails. Thanks

Singletrack Addict
    Jun 2011
    We were just up there Saturday morning. Snow patches all over the place at Kingsley, but they'll probably be melted soon.

Here's the goods:

Dirt Surfer to Hidden Trail (163), down 133 then hop over to 140 and connect with Bad Motor Scooter/GP, then spaghetti to Mitchell Ridge. Then ride back up 7 streams to top of Family Man, and hit Middle School. Flow On should be open by then. Ride Flow on, have your mind blown. Then connect with Kleeway back to 7 streams and down to the bottom.

If its on a Saturday, come into Da Brewshop afterwards and thank me.

Remember: 1) respect trail closures; 2) skidding is for kooks. Have fun!
    Last edited by ShiverMeTimbers; 04-19-2016 at 09:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Thanks for the info. Is flow on a new trail? I can't find it on my map. Da brewshop sounds like a cool place we will try to swing by and say hi Saturday night.

Singletrack Addict
    Jun 2011
    Yes, Flow On is brand new. As of a couple days ago it was still closed while the boys fine-tune things. I'm hoping its open very soon. With last night's rain, and tomorrow's scheduled rain, it should tack things down and hopefully be open next week.

Singletrack Addict
    Jun 2011
    It's official, Flow On is open. Thanks to the local trailbuilding crew for making this happen.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Sweet. Thanks for the update

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I was talking with a guy about my trip and he said when he was there the gate on riordan hill drive was closed near family man. Is that gate always closed or was it just seasonal. According to the map, my plans were to shuttle up to dirt surfer ( assuming it's opened and there is no snow). Is the gate currently open? Thanks for all of the advice

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    90% of the time the gate right near kingsly on roidan road is closed. The resiviour is open. No snow, trails are insane right now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    So is there a different way that is suggested to shuttle up to the resiviour besides riordan hill dr?

Singletrack Addict
    Jun 2011
    Yes, start from Kingsley reservoir. There is a big parking lot at the top of Kingsley Rd. Park there and start your ride. You'll have to climb a little bit, but its worth it.

Formerly of Kent
    Unless something has changed since I lived in Hood River, your bike or shuttle vehicle shouldn't touch dirt on the way up to Kingsley.

Riding that loop is awesome. Break yourself off on the way up, hit the moto trails at the top, the smoother stuff down towards the bottom as your body really starts to feel the strain.
    Death from Below.

Singletrack Addict
    Jun 2011

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Thanks for your help guys