Thread: post canyon

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

post canyon

So I went to post canyon last weekend and had a blast! The only problem was the ride up to the trails. I parked on post canyon rd. down at the kiosk thing and rode to the top. My question is is there a better way to get up to the trails? it seemed like it took forever. I rode up post canyon rd. up a huge hill and then around to riordan hill rd. to trail 150 then to the bottom. Any help would be great this was an awesome place to ride!

Thanks
    Jeremy

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: post canyon

It's either single track or the fire roads. There are a number of routes you can take. It's pedal pedal pedal. That or keep pedaling the fire roads.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    You definitely do not want to take the road, but even if you do it should not take forever to get up the hill. Just past the hairpin turn with the clearcut on the right will be Spaghetti Factory (116). That is, depending on your speed, a 15-20 or so minute pedal from the bottom. It is not very far.

From the bottom the best option up the hill is Seven Streams. It has one steep part before Family Man, but otherwise is not very steep. The other option is Mitchell Ridge. I take it sometimes for variety, but it is really more of a downhill trail -- especially with the new re-route at the bottom which has some super steep, tight and loose switchbacks that do not appear to have been constructed by anyone who rides his or her bike up the hill.

Saturday was pretty crowded up there. Didn't see anyone back on The Boot or Twin Peaks, but lots of traffic elsewhere. Really wish people would get back out there and ride Twin Peaks since it seems in danger of being reclaimed by nature. And a lot of the trail is pretty new and needs some breaking in.

mtbr member
    I used to do that then figured out how to get to Riordan - most peeps park there (near the pump track) or even further up.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    thanks for the help guys. I will try going up the other road next time.