mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Post and blackrock conditions...

Heading up to Portland area again tomorrow for a week...how are Post and Blackrock looking now?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    A buddy of mine road Post yesterday and said it was in great shape. We got a little rain here in HR since then, but it should be great up there this weekend.

what the quan?!
    Well post has 10% chance of rain today... that's definitely not going to detour me from going! Most of the trails are under a tree canopy anyways.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I rode Post Canyon yesterday and it was right on the verge of being too wet. It is like a piece of meatloaf that has been in the fridge a little too long

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    I rode Post Canyon yesterday and it was right on the verge of being too wet. It is like a piece of meatloaf that has been in the fridge a little too long
    I rode it Saturday afternoon and thought it was just on the good side of being too wet. Far better conditions than, say, a month ago when it was a dust pit. Plus, nothing like wet roots to keep you focused!!! It was a hell of a ride. And after a year of riding there every week I am still finding new trails.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I was there Sat and Sun last weekend (15-16th). It was definitely on the good side of being too wet. We were able to hit all the jumps still so no problem. Should be good til at least Friday or so it seems like, might rain then. If it rains there you can always head over to Nestor Peak for some high speed flowy trail (no jumps though). It's a bit drier being on other side of the river in WA and you can always ride it even if it's raining since there's nothing gnarly on it.

scn
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Black Rock was excellent on Sunday. Hero dirt... go get some!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I'm sure all the trails are good right now! Perfect October at least until it rains again....

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Post was beautius today. Much drier than last weekend. No puddles. Perfectly tacky. Lots of shuttlers in full faced helmets, but that wasn't a big deal. Off to the world of FR44 tomorrow. Looking forward to the great conditions out there (well, at least until the snow falls and the conditions become truly amazing).

Making fat cool since '71
    For the races this Sunday...It should be perfect by then...little rain Friday then dry.

Brock...
    Last edited by ImaKlyde; 10-27-2011 at 08:23 AM.
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde View Post
    For the races this Sunday...It should be perfect by then...little rain Friday then dry.

Brock...
    I'm more concerned with the next weekend and the weather. It looks like a bit of rain Friday the 4th and then some rain Saturday and Sunday. I was hoping that BR drains well and it would be needing rain!? How much rain, in inches, does it take it to be a sloppy mess? It is supposed to be less than an inch total for the storm up through Sunday.
    Driving up from Santa Cruz and would love to have some hero dirt....a little on the wet side is fine.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    I'm more concerned with the next weekend and the weather. It looks like a bit of rain Friday the 4th and then some rain Saturday and Sunday. I was hoping that BR drains well and it would be needing rain!? How much rain, in inches, does it take it to be a sloppy mess? It is supposed to be less than an inch total for the storm up through Sunday.
    Driving up from Santa Cruz and would love to have some hero dirt....a little on the wet side is fine.
    You know Saturday and Sunday are shuttle days, right?

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185307031548832

Blackrock holds up pretty well in the wet. I highly doubt it is going to be hero dirt though.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member

Absolutley!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity View Post
    You know Saturday and Sunday are shuttle days, right?

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185307031548832

Blackrock holds up pretty well in the wet. I highly doubt it is going to be hero dirt though.

That's the main reason for coming up.

Hitting Ashland on Friday then up to BR for the Shuttle Weekend.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    We have 4 of us leaving Tahoe on Thursday and doing just about the same thing. Weather might push us to Ashland instead of Oakridge. There is some snow forecast for Oakridge on Friday. Where you staying near Blackrock?