Thread: Portland LBS ?

In Armor We Trust

Portland LBS ?

My friend and I are coming down to Portland this weekend. We're bringing our downhill/freeride bikes to do some riding over in Hood. We're also bringing our fixed gears, and plan to meetup with my friends down there that all happen to be roadies, and cruise around the city.

Anyways, wanted to know your recommendations on any great LBS's in Portland that we can check out while we're in town, specifically ones that cater to downhill/freeride/dirtjump/slopestyle bikes. If you know of any that cater to fixed gears, I'd love to hear about those too. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    DH/FR: Intense 951
    FG: KHS Flite 100

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Lots of shops, not lots of freeride/dh places...

Here's the short list:

1. Fat Tire Farm - Probably the only shop in Portland that will have anything like a decent section of freeride/dh bikes and it is a dedicated mtb shop. Like any LBS, people's experiences there vary. Some of the guys are great, some will make you walk out as soon as you walk in...

2. River City - Biggest shop in town, mostly road/cross focused, but they have a decent selection of mountain bikes. Same experience as FTF for employees

3. Bike Gallery - Similar to River City, but more budget oriented and these days they only seem to carry Trek and GF.

4. Cyclepath - Tons of bling and super high end bikes (turner, titus, scott, moots, niner, etc). Mostly race, but some sweet AM/Trail bike and no FR/DH. Again people's experience there seems to vary...

5. There is a new shop near 70th and Stark that carries Yeti and Intense. They are really nice, but again mostly trail focused.

6. Lots of others that I haven't mentioned, and I think there may be a shop in the Beaverton/Hillsboro area that carries bigger bikes (but I never go out there).

7. The closest shop with DH/FR bikes is probably Discover Cycles in Hood River.

In Armor We Trust
    Thanks for the detailed response. I keep hearing Fat Tire Farm pop up so will prob check that out.
    DH/FR: Intense 951
    FG: KHS Flite 100

Phatt Tire Luva'
    While in HR - check Mountain View & Discover... and for sure make a stop to replenish those lost fluids over at Double Mountain Brewery!

As for fixies... this is PDX homez' - every shop does fixed!

Enjoy!

Just realized you were here this past weekend! Oh well in case you didn't hit those places... Next time!

Live 2 Ride
    What about Bike N Hike and those little shops along Hawthorne?
    My Bike: '03 Specialized HardRock FrankenBike
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

your done

Lol

one guy that works at bike n hike told me, as i was adjusting the rebound on a fork on a new bike, "not to mess with that, because if i messed it up he would get in trouble lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nithius
    What I learned is if you never hit a jump before you shouldnt start off with a crazy one.