Thread: Phil's Trails

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Phil's Trails

Hi,

Are the Phil's trails in Bend, still dry enough to ride. I will be coming up next weekend.

Thanks, gary

Singletrack Addict
    May 2009
    Forecast is looking pretty dry. I'm planning to head up today for a lunch ride. I'll report back.

Singletrack Addict
    May 2009
    I just got back from a Phil's Trail lunch break. I rode up Phil's past the fire chicken a little bit. I ran into quite a bit of melting snow at that point. My tires were leaving ruts in the mashed potatoes we call mud and I turned back out of guilt. When I got back to the fire chicken I hung a left onto KGB to connect over to Kent's. I rode that around and back down to the trail head. About 7 miles total.

Most of the trail was in good shape but there was enough melting snow that I would have held off a couple days if I'd known. Having said that, we're looking at a nice forecast for the next 7 days. I would think the trails will be excellent by next weekend. I'm definitely hoping to hit them a couple more times later this week.

Hope that helps.

it means 'no problem'
    If the conditions in the Phil's area are questionable, there's lots of other stuff to ride:

Maston
    Horse Ridge
    Smith Rock / Grey Butte

check www.cotmtb.com to find these trail heads.

Enjoy!
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey

Singletrack Addict
    May 2009
    Good info sans soucie. I still need to check all those trails out myself.

Just a quick correction to the link for posterity: http://www.cotamtb.com/trails/

it means 'no problem'
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSaysLetsRide
    Good info sans soucie. I still need to check all those trails out myself.

Just a quick correction to the link for posterity: http://www.cotamtb.com/trails/

Word.
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey