Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nat
    Solo contendre

Phil's Trail tomorrow?

I'm hoping to get in 2-3 hours tomorrow on the Phil's triangle area. I won't be able to do much technical though, due to injuries. I'm thinking either getting in some distance (30-40 miles) at moderate pace or 20-30 miles at Sport category race pace (as long as my wrist holds out). Anyone want to come?

mtbr member
    wish I could go, but I gotta work!

mtbr member

Sounds possible

I'm still a bit injured myself and want to get some miles in...
    Give me a call in the morning please.
    Jefe'
    ' Bend's dirtiest Acupuncturist '

bendoregonsinglespeeders

teamwebcyclery

Toby Wong?
    gotta work and battling sinus infection from allergies damnit

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by PinsNeedles
    I'm still a bit injured myself and want to get some miles in...
    Give me a call in the morning please.
    Jefe'
    My cell with your # in the directory went back to the factory for repair, so I don't have your number right now. Can you check here in the a.m.?

mtbr member

No worries

Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    My cell with your # in the directory went back to the factory for repair, so I don't have your number right now. Can you check here in the a.m.?
    Talk to you tomorrow.

bendoregonsinglespeeders

teamwebcyclery

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Talk to you tomorrow.
    Forecast shows temps in the low 40's until noon, then it'll be low 50's. Would you rather ride in the afternoon? I could go either morning or afternoon, but afternoon sounds a bit more pleasant right now. I'm thinking meet at Phil's TH at noon.

What day are we riding?

I can probably work it in...

would not be able to be at Phil's until about 12:30-12:45 though.

I would vote for the distance over pace. Sounds like we are quite the group. I need to see how my knee holds up after the snapping chain bike wreck on Thursday. I need to lay off those 950lb leg presses.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockin
    would not be able to be at Phil's until about 12:30-12:45 though.

I would vote for the distance over pace. Sounds like we are quite the group. I need to see how my knee holds up after the snapping chain bike wreck on Thursday. I need to lay off those 950lb leg presses.
    Ha! 950lb. leg presses...

1pm meeting time then everyone? Works for me.

What day are we riding?

Works for me

Ha! 950lb. leg presses...

1pm meeting time then everyone? Works for me.
    I need to get some stuff to you for Tberg. I will throw it in the car, then I just need to remember to give it to you.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    I need to get some stuff to you for Tberg. I will throw it in the car, then I just need to remember to give it to you.
    Can the stuff fit in a jersey pocket? I'm going to be on bike without car.

mtbr member

One'er it is...

If I'm not there by 1:10 something came up, but I think I can ride.
    Jefe'

bendoregonsinglespeeders

teamwebcyclery

What day are we riding?
    OK, maybe I will get it to you when you show up for work. It is some integrated shift/brake levers, chainrings, a cog and some extra chain.

I have just been informed that my son has a baseball game at 5:30 so I will need to be back at the trailhead around 5:15ish.

mtbr member

Wink Thanks for the ride guys.

I've been a little unluckly lately, I believe my ride demonstrated that...flat tire on smooth singletrack and my brake pad delema...
    Don't worry it dosen't appear to be contageous.
    Nice meeting you Eric, hope you race this weekend.
    Jefe'

bendoregonsinglespeeders

teamwebcyclery

mtbr member
    I've been a little unluckly lately, I believe my ride demonstrated that...flat tire on smooth singletrack and my brake pad delema...
    Don't worry it dosen't appear to be contageous.
    Nice meeting you Eric, hope you race this weekend.
    Jefe'
    How far did you guys ride and where'd you go?

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by tberg
    How far did you guys ride and where'd you go?
    I wonder what happened to Steve? Hopefully he didn't show up immediately after we rolled out. We figured he wasn't going to make since he wasn't there by 1:15.

Eric (epower) showed up with his sweet 22lb. orange Niner s.i.r.9 and proceeded to dole out some hurt. We rode up Kent's to Upper Phil's to the helipad. Just beneath the helipad Jeff turned back due to a mechanical, then Eric and I went on up to the h-pad, then down Storm King to GS to KGB to white road. I got home at 5, so total ride time was probably a little over three hours.

There was some guy coming up Storm King who had just finished stomping out a 20ft. x 20ft. brush fire that looked as if it had sparked from a nearby smoldering campfire (thanks for putting out your fire, you Coors Light-drinking a-holes). Thank god that guy got it under control or else we might've had a nice forest fire to kick off the season.

What day are we riding?

Crap - I am so sorry!

I wonder what happened to Steve? Hopefully he didn't show up immediately after we rolled out. We figured he wasn't going to make since he wasn't there by 1:15.

Eric (epower) showed up with his sweet 22lb. orange Niner s.i.r.9 and proceeded to dole out some hurt. We rode up Kent's to Upper Phil's to the helipad. Just beneath the helipad Jeff turned back due to a mechanical, then Eric and I went on up to the h-pad, then down Storm King to GS to KGB to white road. I got home at 5, so total ride time was probably a little over three hours.

There was some guy coming up Storm King who had just finished stomping out a 20ft. x 20ft. brush fire that looked as if it had sparked from a nearby smoldering campfire (thanks for putting out your fire, you Coors Light-drinking a-holes). Thank god that guy got it under control or else we might've had a nice forest fire to kick off the season.
    I have got to look at when things are posted. I was thinking it was tomorrow afternoon.

I'm glad you didn't wait for me. Can I blame it on daylight savings time or something?

mtbr member

how'd the wrist and shoulder do?

mtbr member
    I have got to look at when things are posted. I was thinking it was tomorrow afternoon.

I'm glad you didn't wait for me. Can I blame it on daylight savings time or something?

That'll teach you for teasing me about having to work!

What day are we riding?

You should have used this one...

That'll teach you for teasing me about having to work!

What day are we riding?

If it makes you feel even better

I am still at work so that I can take time off tomorrow afternoon to ride a ride that actually happened today.

Anyone riding Tuesday or Thursday afternoon?

Nat
    Solo contendre
    how'd the wrist and shoulder do?
    My shoulder feels fine but the wrist is really weak on tech and descents. Totally sucks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for the invite, I had a great time, it's fun to ride with other 29ers. Nat if that's how you ride hurt, well you know the rest. eric

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Good to know it's the first of May and you're up to the helipad now. Can you cross the road and head up Upper Whoops yet? Down SK to to GS to KGB is always a great run down. 23 days and counting Nat. Is anyone getting up the 4601 to Mid-upper Mrazek yet?

Just spent the weekend up on Orcas Island up here in the sound. Great weather and trail conditions.

Lastly, are you actually pedalling that 29er SS up the last part of Phils to the helipad? If so, that's definately worth some credit.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo
    Good to know it's the first of May and you're up to the helipad now. Can you cross the road and head up Upper Whoops yet? Down SK to to GS to KGB is always a great run down. 23 days and counting Nat. Is anyone getting up the 4601 to Mid-upper Mrazek yet?

Just spent the weekend up on Orcas Island up here in the sound. Great weather and trail conditions.

Lastly, are you actually pedalling that 29er SS up the last part of Phils to the helipad? If so, that's definately worth some credit.
    We ran into several thick patches of snow even at H-pad elevation, so I'm sure Upper Whoops still has a lot of snow. It's melting off very quickly though, so by the time you get here it might be perfect.

Pins said he got about a mile past the canal on Mrazek before he hit snow.

I SS'ed up to h-pad but had to stop a few times to not die. I've never been able to pedal up the rockiest section though.

See you in a few weeks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast