Always Searching

Phil of Phils Trails........

I have known Phil for 10 Years, luckily he was one of the first people I was introduced to through his son when I moved to Bend in 2002. I have ridden all over central Oregon with him, probably the most influential for me as I just started Mt Biking seriously. Phil is 28 years older than I, (for those of you who know) he like a diesel motor on any trail we ride ,always on your rear tire with the skill to back it up. I aspire to be as good as Phil when I'm in my 70's. Sawtooth would be the extreme of what we encountered together, and has become an annual trip.
    I have put many hours of work with Phil on the Mrazek, a trail Phil has deemed his to maintain, reroute, make interesting & ECT. For all Phil has done for Bend trail network I leave you with a request, read quote below...... a ask of his son and a friend (me).

I was just reading the most recent issue of Mountain Bike Action magazine and noted something of interest. In the last issue they did a feature on the top 25 most influential people in Mountain Biking. Now, they are planning to do a story on the most influential people in the trail advocacy / trail building department. Their selections will be based on reader input.

I am going to write them a note and suggest they include my dad. Anyone else that might want to send a ‘vote’ can do so by emailing it to the following address:

mbaction@hi-torque.com

Thank You
    Last edited by _SYNAPSE_; 09-27-2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: misspelled word

mtbr member
    May 2004
    That's pretty cool. Having been a local builder myself for some time, I was starry eyed like meeting a rock star when I ran into him the first time on Mrazek above Cold Springs about 10-11 years ago. It is, after all, my favorite trail there...

Every popular place has their "Phil". But, not all have trail systems legally named after them.

Seems reasonable on a national scale that Phil Meglasson should probably be there.

FKA Malibu412
    Nomination note sent. Thanks for the heads up.
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

COTA member
    Will do. I feel very fortunate to live in Bend and ride the fantastic Mrazek and other trails so many have worked so hard on. Thank you!