mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Pedal Driven- Showing in Bend

The documentary Pedal Driven is showing in Bend and Sisters as part of the Bend Film Festival.

The Bend screening is Sat. 12:30, but I know all of us will be at the COTA event formally known as Biketoberfest so I won't post a link to that showing.

The Sisters screening is 7PM Sunday and that would be a great time for many of us mountain bikers to hit:

http://bendfilm.festivalgenius.com/2...l_bendfilm2011

Perhaps a good micro-brew from over Sisters way and then a movie to complete the weekend.

Can someone grab Yellowman, maybe he would like to see the flick.

Woody

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    This is a great documentary about how Forest Service lands, which are held under lock and key up here in WA, can be designated as multi-use. It is a great story of compromise and I highly recommend all trail users (especially mt bikers) attend. It's entertaining and the cinematography is great. It also includes some scenes from Bend, as Bend was part of the model for the compromise.

But don't get to thinkin' the trails up here are all that nice...stay down in Bend! ;o)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Documentary

Can I get a *bump, bump*

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Just booked my tickets online. Watch a little C-Cross this AM at 7th Mtn, a nice ride at PR, dinner and micro brew and then a movie. Life is good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Two thumbs up

Pedal Driven was excellent, it reached far beyond my expectations. The film makers did a wonderful job telling the story and the whole movie was uplifting, fun, entertaining, and very educational on the subject matter.

If you missed it last night, you may have another chance. Rumor has it Pedal Driven will screen as part of the IMBA NW Summit coming up in Bend Oct. 21-23: https://www.imba.com/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=162

I hope to see many of you there.

Woody Keen
    President- Trail Dynamics LLC

Klunkin' Ain't Easy.

Great job COTA!

My parents live in Bend and I am in San Diego, the Whale's Vagina. San Diego and Bend are perfect towns to screen Pedal Driven (I showed it here in May) because you guys and gals are doing it and we are just learning. I come up at least once a year and am amazed at the progress you have made. In fact, I was just up in Sept for the High Cascades 24 and some fun riding.

We recently formed (partly out of pure frustration) an arm of the San Diego Mountain Bike Association whose pure task is to get bike parks in SD. Yes, you heard it right. In a County of 3 million we dont have one. Hence the frustration. Now we have 20 people doing what one was doing for the past five years.

Hopefully one day people will be travelling to SD for more than just sandy beaches and drinks with little umbrellas. Well, we can ride in January and we DO have some amazing breweries. 20 awards at the GABF this year, last I checked.

Come on down and we will show you around.
    Obviously, you're not a golfer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    My guess is you do have better surfing