mtbr member

OT - Redmond road ride question

Just moved out to Redmond from Bend. Can anyone recommend a decent road ride route out there? I'm really just looking for roads with space to ride where I won't get run down. I was thinking about the old Bend-Redmond highway but it seems kind of sketchy. Any suggestions would be great.
    Why do you talk to me this way. When you know that I will kill you for this?

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryebread
    Just moved out to Redmond from Bend. Can anyone recommend a decent road ride route out there? I'm really just looking for roads with space to ride where I won't get run down. I was thinking about the old Bend-Redmond highway but it seems kind of sketchy. Any suggestions would be great.
    From the east side of Redmond near the hospital as a starting point, there are several really nice routes that roll north towards Smith Rock. One of them is even designated as a Scenic Byway. Since they're rural roads they tend to be in a grid pattern so you kind of pick the road as you go depending on how it looks. I think the riding there is even nicer than the stuff around Bend.

Toby Wong?
    I've seen bikers out on the west side of Redmond, out by Terrebonne on the road that leads down to the bridge and the fishing hole there.
    lets not make it a religion, it is recreation

mtbr member

thanks for the tips

much appreciated.

Always Breaking Stuff
    Quick question, is it worth bringing the full suspension down to Bend right now? Or should I leave the bike at home and just bring skis this weekend? Any good trails not under too much snow?

-Jon

Toby Wong?
    nothing Phils and up is clear. only Horse Butte, really.

the mountain, on the other hand, is in fantastic shape. tons of snow with more on the way this weekend, i hear. can ya go bell to bell at Bachy? ski your a$$ off!
    lets not make it a religion, it is recreation

Always Breaking Stuff
    Thanks for the update, makes the decision easy. Skis it is.

-Jon
    Last edited by thorir; 03-22-2006 at 11:08 AM.

mtbr member
    took the dog for a walk at smith rock last weekend and it was looking good as far as I could tell. Saw a few bikes. But its tough to pass on going up to the mountain right now. Its so sweet.