mtbr member

oregon trail crews

Hey guys, i am working on a little project to see how trail crews from other parts of the country are put together and what they are accomplishing each year. I am out of Pittsburgh, PA and i work with the trail group from out here. You guys in Oregon seem to have your stuff together (noted from the sweet singletrack pics you guys post up, on a weekly/daily basis) and i was wondering who you guys would suggest i contact. I am guessing DOD and the general email link on their site, but i didnt know if their main trail guru was on mtbr. I am interested in talking to anyone in Oregon, from portland to bend. My current focus is just on singltrack maintenance crews b/c places like blackrock and the newer freeride trails in portland have a different draw potential with the types of trails they are building. We just dont have enough support for these types of things in PA yet. If someone is here from one of those groups and does want to talk...by all means PM me and i will be happy to pick your brain. So...any recommendations on who i should PM? If they dont respond, i wont hound them; not looking to badger people. If you think someone can help me out and you dont want to post it up, just PM me.

what am i looking for...?
    I am looking to talk to the person(s) about the kinds and size of trails they maintain, the amount of trails, volunteer turnout, successes or failed attempts to increase turnout at events, etc. The findings of this little interview will be for the benefit of our group and wont be in anything official. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Dan
    Chance favors the prepared mind

mtbr member

sorry...more

i know i could post this up in the trailbuilding section, but i am really most interested in OR at the moment.

Obviously Single

Pump

Quote Originally Posted by defcon4
    i know i could post this up in the trailbuilding section, but i am really most interested in OR at the moment.
    Check out a Portland club called PUMP.

There are also several groups (none really close to Portland) in the area that have built and maintain their own trails on logging land (with logging company approval). Check out the Disciples of Dirt in Eugene.

I have seen land-manager-organized work days in both the Tillamook Forest (near where I live) and in the Mt. Hood area.

Good luck gathering information.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

Live 2 Ride
    I should start a club for the people who live in the Albany/Corvallis/Lebanon area.
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Yes sir, what can we do for you? send me a PM on Oakridge (DOD) trailwork and I'll do my best to help you.

Richard
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

mtbr member
    I am a local trail rider/builder and have been riding the Black Rock trail system and other local xc trails for going on four years. Our group name changed a couple years ago to the "Black Rock Mountain Bike Association" or BRMBA. We have a website set up at "brmba.org" and feel free to ask any questions you want.

mtbr member
    Hey thanks guys. Got some PM's on this too. I have been on work travel for a few days so i will work on my ?'s and get back to you guys.

Greatly appreciate the chance to talk to you guys on this, I will be in touch.