mtbr member
    Oct 2012

New question here. Oregon Powder Coat???

Anyone know anything about powder coating your frame. I saw a guy who powder coated his ride and it looked really nice. Thinking about doing the same, I hear you can get it done in Tangent but the internet yields very little info about this place. Has anyone had a frame powder coated recently?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    wcollier1390,

Call up Bend Velo in...well, in Bend. Their location is right next to a powder coat place that does phenomenal work (Eric Powers of Bend Velo uses them to restore old frames that he then resells under the name J.Livingston). I don't know what their pricing is like, but Eric will be able to give you an idea. He may also have some recommendations for the Corvallis area.

Cheers

Afric Pepperbird
    Goddam spammers!

At least it gives me a chance to say the above mentioned powder peeps are Armadillo Powder coating, right next to Bend Velo on Bend's industrial near east side.

http://www.armordillopowder.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjstumbo View Post
    wcollier1390,

Call up Bend Velo in...well, in Bend. Their location is right next to a powder coat place that does phenomenal work (Eric Powers of Bend Velo uses them to restore old frames that he then resells under the name J.Livingston). I don't know what their pricing is like, but Eric will be able to give you an idea. He may also have some recommendations for the Corvallis area.

Cheers

Neither Armadillo nor Commercial Powdercoat in Bend do quality work. I've had several bikes powdercoated and neither of these guys understand how to shoot a bike. Bumpers for your monster truck, sure.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I have had many frames powdercoated by Stan's Custom Powdercoating down here in the Medford area. I know he has done some for Desalvo also - he is great with bike frames.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

CAT in Eugene

Just saw this post, so maybe to late, but I've had a few bikes done by this place here in Eugene. The Center for Appropriate Transportion (CAT) also do some for the bike shops also. 455 W 1st Ave Eugene, OR 97401 (541) 344-1197

Jan VanderTuinís CAT/Human Powered Machines

catoregon.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Powdercoat_CAT.pdf

Bill

on a routine expedition
    I would suggest Class Act Powder Coat. They know bikes.

Class Act Powder Coating Inc. :: Finest Quality Coating Services

Plays with tools
    Quote Originally Posted by sjstumbo View Post
    wcollier1390,

Cheers
    Armadillo use to offer a decent job for a fair price. Then their lead guy had some personal drama and left the business. What they have left isn't worth paying for.

shut up legs
    Pro Coat in Vancouver has done 2 of my frames and powdered a color change as well...happy and a fast turn around frameset $100
    ---->Fat Bike Fenders & More
    Salsa Mukluk | Salsa El Mariachi | Salsa Spearfish
    Mountain Cycle Stumptown