Thread: Oregon coast

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Oregon coast

Hi Everyone. There is a great possibility my wife and I will be relocating to Tillamook or near by there in October. I know there aren't any bike shops in the area but can you recommend any that are up to an hour away? I am a mechanic and will need to find a job. Also, what are some good trails if any that are in the area or surrounding areas. I ride a 6 inch travel bike at the moment....

Thank you very much for the input.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I am not terribly familiar with that area...but since nobody else has responded, I will take a stab at it.

The only ride I know of in that area is the Wilson River trail. I have only ridden a portion of it, but it was a fun trail. Its 20+ miles one way iirc. It is a ways out of Tillamook though back towards portland. The west end of the trail was a bit more rustic than the eastern reaches....which get more use from the portland crowd.

As for bike shops in that area, I cant give you any recommendations, but if there arent any in Tillamook, Astoria is probably the next best bet.

If there really are no shops in Tillamook, there may be some pent up demand. Starting your own repair service may be better than a 2 hour round trip with gas prices what they are now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    plenty of riding in the tillamook forest. Most of it will be 45min back toward portland from the town of tillamook proper.
    You have Wilson river, Gales creek, Story Burn, Historic loop, ravens ridge DH, Stub Stewart. Thats just to name a few popular ones. I don't ride the area a lot so I am sure there is more.