Thread: Oakridge Winter

Ovaries on the Outside

Oakridge Winter

What is the story about riding the trails about Oakridge once it gets muddy? Leave off until there is a prolonged dry spell? The only signage I saw this summer was near Goodman's Creek about not riding it at all once it started to rain. I would assume it would be a similar story for the others, but...? I don't want to break protocol and I couldn't find the rulebook about the appropriate approach.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    What is the story about riding the trails about Oakridge once it gets muddy? Leave off until there is a prolonged dry spell? The only signage I saw this summer was near Goodman's Creek about not riding it at all once it started to rain. I would assume it would be a similar story for the others, but...? I don't want to break protocol and I couldn't find the rulebook about the appropriate approach.
    Depends on the trail. Some are fine, others stay wet.

Goodman is closer to the valley and generally muckier.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

DOD Member
    Snow will eventually block higher trails, like the top 2/3 of Alpine (I hope, because I ski) Most of the lower trails in OROR ride well, especially Middle Fork. Goodman has nasty muck and ruts badly. We don't spend any time on that ridge in winter.
    MaxSteel

Ovaries on the Outside
    Skiing priced me out years ago. I'll try and stay off any trail that is showing a lot of wear.

I was peaking at the DOD site and didn't see any mention of trail maintenence days- none until Spring? I want to help out and I missed the last one I knew about because of family.

By the way, Tire Mountain was beautiful yesterday.

mtbr member
    There's trailwork this weekend, see the O'lallie Oleary thread.

meatier showers
    Trailwork days at Whypass (all Sundays):
    Nov. 8
    Nov. 22
    Dec. 6
    Jan. 10

Most of the effort on the dates above will be to build new singletrack in anticipation of All Comer's Meat VI on Sunday, Jan. 24, 2010.

DOD doesn't do much NF trailwork until spring because the damage winter storms & typical "snowdown" do would force us to go back and do it over in spring anyway.

Keep an eye on this forum next year for DOD trailwork announcements, or join DOD's listserve (Yahoo!Group), link on our website.

--Sparty

Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    I was peaking at the DOD site and didn't see any mention of trail maintenence days- none until Spring? I want to help out and I missed the last one...
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas