mtbr member
    May 2017

Oakridge shuttle for memorial weekend

Don't know if this is the right spot to post but:

Heading to Oakridge memorial weekend. Might be solo, might have a group. I'd like to use either OA or cogwild for the Lawler/hardesty shuttle along with other trails (assuming they open in time, questionable, I know) but it's 4 person minimum for them to run. If I'm going with a group it'll be no problem but if I'm flyin solo then I might have problems meeting that requirement especially since OA says not too many people requests this shuttle.

Anyone goin up memorial weekend and trying to do Lawler/ hardesty? (Hoping it's gonna be open)

mtbr member
    call cog wild. They put together shuttles and other people have the same problem as you do often.

mtbr member
    I'd consider joining in but I'm already going to the Lawlerpalooza fundraiser shuttles the weekend before.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Anyone riding the shuttles memorial weekend?

Been talkin to the shuttle companies-- it looks like Cogwild is only doing alpine/heckletooth/dead mt for the remainder of May.

OA is doing Alpine/triple. (they said the 4 for the $ shuttle is still snowed in.... but i thought it was the triple + heckletooth? So if their running the triple and cogwild is running heckletooth then whats snowed in??)

As of right now still 50/50 on solo or group. If anyones looking to get into the shuttles with minimum requirements let me know!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I will most likely be in Oakridge for the holiday wknd with me mates. We typically do Alpine, dead mtn, youngs rock with some middlfork or whatever. We party, are up late, have big fires and in general are a bunch of idiots. We also ride hard and are pretty funny. If that sounds like something you might interested in you could probably shuttle with us.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    let me know which shuttles you book so i can jump on it! Ive been contacting the shuttle companies and so far Cogwild has no one booked memorial weekend and OA has 1 person on Saturday i think.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    We self shuttle.
    If you do use a shuttle go with OA as he helped put Oakridge on the map. Most guys are probably going to sus out the weather before they decide on Oakridge for the holiday wknd. This current storm is supposed to dump 6"-12" possibly down to 4000'.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by willythedog View Post
    let me know which shuttles you book so i can jump on it! Ive been contacting the shuttle companies and so far Cogwild has no one booked memorial weekend and OA has 1 person on Saturday i think.

Thanks
    I'm guessing I am that 1 - signed up earlier today. Hopefully we get enough to run a shuttle, otherwise might be a Bend trip for the weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Most guys are probably going to sus out the weather before they decide on Oakridge for the holiday wknd. This current storm is supposed to dump 6"-12" possibly down to 4000'.
    Here is the current forecast from NOAA/NWS.

Winter weather advisory through tonight (Tuesday 5/9/2017) says (in part):
    ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PDT THIS EVENING...

* TIMING...Through 9 pm this evening.

* SNOW LEVEL...5000 feet lowering to 3500 feet this afternoon and evening.

* ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS TODAY...4 to 8 inches. Heaviest accumulations above 5000 feet, with 1 to 4 inches expected for highways over the passes, such as highway 26, highway 20 and route 58.

* IMPACTS...Snow over the Cascade passes may cause some travel difficulties at times.
    Good news is it's supposed to be sunny and mild all through to this weekend, after the storm passes through. Suggest folks keep monitoring as the forecast window moves into the Memorial Day weekend.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt_stew View Post
    I'm guessing I am that 1 - signed up earlier today. Hopefully we get enough to run a shuttle, otherwise might be a Bend trip for the weekend.
    Im gonna keep an eye on it, i miiiiight have 3 people. not sure. You tryin to get on the triple in the afternoon?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Im gonna keep an eye on it, i miiiiight have 3 people. not sure. You tryin to get on the triple in the afternoon?

I could probably be convinced. Planning on doing the ATCA on Friday, and might sign up to do Alpine again Saturday (on their website it looks like 4 have booked so far).

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Looks like Friday and Sat minimum is met so everything's fine and dandy. So for now I'm booked on Friday for alpine and got at least 3 that I know of doing the triple

Planning on ATCA either Sat or Sun

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Looks like Friday and Sat minimum is met so everything's fine and dandy. So for now I'm booked on Friday for alpine and got at least 3 that I know of doing the triple

Planning on ATCA either Sat or Sun
    Based on that I'll probably tag along and do the triple Friday and ATCA on Sat. Should be a good weekend.