mtbr member

Good job! Nov 3rd FP FL5 Trail Party - Details & Clarifications

Hello, everyone!

Wow. I am amazed at the turnout for tomorrow’s Trail Party on FL5. We have people from PUMP, the City, and folks jumping in from Mtbr. This is going a long way in demonstrating that we can and will maintain our trails in Forest Park!

Our primary rally point is the Saltzman Road Gate off St Helens Rd/Hwy 30. The reason for this is that Jeff Hough will be opening the gate so we can go directly to the trail. I know there is some confusion – Let me address that now:

[SIZE="3"]Event: Forest Park FL5 Trail Building/Maintenance Party
    Date: Saturday, November 3rd
    Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (meet at 9)
    Rally At: Saltzman Gate off Hwy 30* or the Bottom of FL5**
    Bring: Gloves, any lunch items you wish, water[/SIZE]

Map: http://explorepdx.com/forpark3.html

Jeff Hough from FoFP and Greg Holly from the Parks Dept will be bringing enough equipment for everyone (huge “thanks” guys!).

* Driving Directions:
    (From Portland)

Hwy 30 towards St Helens;
    Left at Saltzman Rd (this is a street sign marked road after the Hwy 30/Yeon/St Helens Road junction and before the St John's bridge);
    Go up Saltzman until it dead ends at the gate.
    Jeff and Greg Holly from FoFP and The Parks Dept will be there to let people in. This parking lot connects to the Leif Erikson dirt road in the park.

I will be riding from home and entering the park via the Leif Erikson Gate. I will hit the gate around 8:10.

Should you not be able to find your way to Saltzman via hwy 30, you can always park at the FL5 gate at Saltzman off Skyline and walk or ride to the bottom of FL5.

** Riders:
    Just come on down to the bottom of FL5 however you normally get there.

For those unfamiliar with this trail:

From the Thurman Gate:
    Ride up Leif Erikson to the Saltzman/Leif Erikson intersection and take the road that goes straight. You will go down a little hill. This intersection is where all the pilings are.

From the Saltzman Gate off Skyline:
    Go though the gate to the west (left) side of the parking lot and ride to the bottom. You will be having more fun to start with than the rest of us will - ha, ha!

Here is the map again: http://explorepdx.com/forpark3.html

We currently have a whopping twenty-three people from PUMP, FoFP, the City, and Mtbr! Most of our ranks are PUMPsters, but we are stoked to have folks from Mtbr! Way to go, team!

Call me if you have any questions or haven’t RSVP’d yet. We have a great start, but the more the better! Some folks will be going on post-party rides, so bring your bike if you'd like to participate.

Ride-on!

Shanti
    Mtb_grrl@msn.com
    503-228-0589
    Last edited by Mtb_Grrl; 11-02-2007 at 05:49 PM.