mtbr member
    Aug 2009

North West Fat Bike Meet

Inspired by our friends in other areas' Fat Bike Gatherings, the folks I know that have them and I have finalized a plan for a group ride on the Washington Coast.

We'll meet at Ocean Shores Washington on Saturday, October 29th at the main beach entrance down town (next to the Shiloh Inn). Anyone with a Fat Bike (Pugsly, Muckluk, Fatback, 9zero7, etc...) is welcome. we'll let the weather and the group that shows up decide how far we ride. We'll shoot for 10:00am but if we get response from folks who are driving in just for the day from a few hours away, we can adjust the meet time or play around in the sand 'till the late arrivals get there.

It is the North West Coast so hope for the best weather but prepare for the worst... and of course, bring water and your favorite "trail" snacks.

I'll check into public parking and such, so stay tuned for updates. Interested riders can PM me for contact info if you want. Camping is available at Ocean City State Park 2 miles North of Ocean Shores (direct beach access so if you camp here, let us know and we can meet you up the beach) and the Campground at the Marina at the south end of town. Wide range of motel options and lots of info on the city of Ocean Shores on the web. All input is welcome.

Rain or Shine, a Few or a Bunch, It'll be a Fun, Fat time!

SEE YOU THERE!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Here's a video from the same stretch of beach on the last weekend of October last year. Everyone cross your fingers for a repeat of the weather!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I will be there!
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

1st UK Fat Bike Gathering

Here's a vid from our friends across the pond. This ride took place just a couple weeks ago on the beaches of Scotland. Fat is FUN!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

"Bump"

Only a couple weeks away now. 4 of us for sure now, and 5 or 6 hopeful's that have FB's. A few more have contacted me that have ordered FB's and are hoping they arrive in time. Anyhow, just thought I'd bump this one up in case anyone hadn't seen it yet. Thanks everyone!

-W

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hoping for good weather! few more "signed up"...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    8 riders confirmed, rain or shine! couple more if they're bikes arrive in time. Original info is still accurate- 10:00 next to the Shiloh Inn (main beach access). Can't wait!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Forgot to report back on the OR board, sorry about that! NW Fatbikers first "meet" went really well. We got really lucky weather wise with the only really sunny day among a two week period... whew! 9 riders showed up, all from Wa. and Or. We basically played all day "Down On The Beach"...