mtbr member

North Umpqua Trail--possible to do without a full tour group?

Hey I'm looking for advice on how to do the full trail (or at least most of it) with me and the use of some service shuttles, etc? Is that possible? I went with a full tour group on my last visit to Oregon--loved it--but would like to just run this trail on my own.

Is it possible to camp in one spot and hire out day shuttles to help me get it done? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks. Again, I didn't want to run with a full service tour.

Doug
    If it ain't 900 fill power it's crap.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Cog wild?

Don't quote me on this but I believe Lemolo Lake resort will shuttle mtbr's if you call & ask. My friends and I have always gotten a quick ride thumbing it as well. Camping up on the bench or near one of the gorges on the Deer leap section would be awesome. Enjoy
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Yes so I've used Cog Wild before but the only NUT shuttle they do is the full tour. I'll give that resort a call. Thanks. Hopefully something else posts up as well. Thanks again.

Go make a difference
    When are you planning your trip? I'm looking to ride the Umpqua in the next few weeks (have paddled the river but need to hit the dirt). I was planning on taking the camper and setting up base camp at Umpqua's Last Resort and maybe meeting a friend from Eugene, so we'd have a couple cars to set shuttle with.
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k2biker View Post
    When are you planning your trip? I'm looking to ride the Umpqua in the next few weeks (have paddled the river but need to hit the dirt). I was planning on taking the camper and setting up base camp at Umpqua's Last Resort and maybe meeting a friend from Eugene, so we'd have a couple cars to set shuttle with.
    We will be up there middle august. I just recruited another buddy to come with a car as well so we should be able to set up our own shuttles as well. We are camping a Toketee or however you spell it. If you end up going in August let em know!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I'm thinking of riding the trail this summer too. I was just wondering what you guys know about the bridge on the Dread and Terror segment that is closed after a tree fell on it. My understanding is that it's near Lemolo Falls. Any word on when it's going to re-open? Is road 3401 the only go around?

Dirty minded
    Nov 2008
    I posted similar thread a couple months ago...
    North Umpqua Trail 3 day ride logistics input please

May find something useful in it.
    Looks like I will be doing it in two days early Sept.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jckid View Post
    I'm thinking of riding the trail this summer too. I was just wondering what you guys know about the bridge on the Dread and Terror segment that is closed after a tree fell on it. My understanding is that it's near Lemolo Falls. Any word on when it's going to re-open? Is road 3401 the only go around?
    Any more info?