Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

No place to ride this weekend! Hanging the bikes up?

Better strap on the ski's and hit the slopes. The Gorge is snowed out and the west side lower elevation rides are soupy cat crap. Where are you guys riding?

Jaybo

mtbr member

Brace yourself Jay!

At night, in the snow, on a SingleSpeed!
    milt (Medium).JPG

Just some local trails near Port Townsend last Wednesday!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Better strap on the ski's and hit the slopes. The Gorge is snowed out and the west side lower elevation rides are soupy cat crap. Where are you guys riding?

Jaybo
    Please don't remind me! I rather you lie and tell me there's good riding just east of here then tell me the truth. Denial is the only way I am going to be able to survive these times or I will have to bust out my circa 1990, delaminated snowboard buried in my basement or maybe build a snow bike or something.

Way to tear it up and blaze trail Milt.

JG
    Last edited by jgusta; 02-01-2008 at 10:32 PM.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Yo Milt, didn't yo mama tell you to wear gloves in the winter? Silly boy, or are you just going for stud points?
    Maybe you didn't come from the northern climes... Good to see you're getting out and riding though.

Looks like I'll get out onto
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    - (s'hhh, the ROAD) Saturday, and then onto the skinny boards on Sunday.
    Cheers - Tim

What day are we riding?
    Went out east of Bend yesterday. Riding in the snow improves your on the bike balance skills.

mtbr member

Ma tried!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    Yo Milt, didn't yo mama tell you to wear gloves in the winter? Silly boy, or are you just going for stud points?
    Maybe you didn't come from the northern climes... Good to see you're getting out and riding though.

Looks like I'll get out onto
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    - (s'hhh, the ROAD) Saturday, and then onto the skinny boards on Sunday.
    Cheers - Tim

Pre-ride lap around the parking lot, winter gloves are the last thing I put on because ya can't do anything once they are on!! Ma also gave me "the look" about riding trails, riding in the street,at night, in the rain, in the snow, etc..etc..but it did no good

mtbr member
    I thought you died! Missed you at ACM, everybody was ask'n, where's Milt! Looks like your having fun.

Our trails are in great shape, snow free.

Happy Trails

Quote Originally Posted by milt k
    At night, in the snow, on a SingleSpeed!
    milt (Medium).JPG

Just some local trails near Port Townsend last Wednesday!
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar
    I thought you died! Missed you at ACM, everybody was ask'n, where's Milt! Looks like your having fun.

Our trails are in great shape, snow free.

Happy Trails
    Was out sick for ACM Not the way to start the New Year. Sounds like we will have a few heading down to the HC

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Jaybo
    I am riding in the soupy (or slushy/thick/sticky/whatever) catcrap. Love riding in that stuff!
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockin
    Went out east of Bend yesterday. Riding in the snow improves your on the bike balance skills.

Did you ride Horseridge? Was wondering if anyone was laying tracks out there, need to ride...bad! (I'm a new papa & any riding will be good riding)

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I'm fatiguing in this weather

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    I am riding in the soupy (or slushy/thick/sticky/whatever) catcrap. Love riding in that stuff!
    I walked to get some coffee Thursday in White Salmon behind my office. I slipped in the snow and down I went. Ouch! No injuries except some dignity and bruises. I got stuck axle deep in the snow north of Goldendale on Wednesday in an Explorer. I'm ready for spring!!!!! It is snowing in the Gorge again today. I'm ready for some warm sun and snow free trails; riding today is not an option in feet of snow. I'm going to have to buy some cross country ski's and add a sport this year. I have done it in the past and it is fun....

Milt, no gloves in that snow? I'm sorry but singlespeeding in the dark and snow doesn't give me warm fuzzy feelings. You seemed to be happy. Love the PT area. My parents use to own a house of Sequim on a bluff above the Straight....

Jaybo
    Last edited by Jaybo; 02-02-2008 at 10:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I feel like it's a dirty word or maybe not dirty enough but I'll tell you were I spent 90 minutes riding last night.

On the trainer. At least I was front of the TV with an Avalanche v. Detroit hockey game and the time passed quickly enough.
    2 wheels

mtbr member
    I walked to get some coffee Thursday in White Salmon behind my office. I slipped in the snow and down I went. Ouch! No injuries except some dignity and bruises. I got stuck axle deep in the snow north of Goldendale on Wednesday in an Explorer. I'm ready for spring!!!!! It is snowing in the Gorge again today. I'm ready for some warm sun and snow free trails; riding today is not an option in feet of snow. I'm going to have to buy some cross country ski's and add a sport this year. I have done it in the past and it is fun....

Milt, no gloves in that snow? I'm sorry but singlespeeding in the dark and snow doesn't give me warm fuzzy feelings. You seemed to be happy. Love the PT area. My parents use to own a house of Sequim on a bluff above the Straight....

Jaybo
    Be careful out there Jay! I don't want to have to enroll you in the LAWS (Living and Walking Safely) balance class with the other seniors at work and lose my riding bro for upcoming season. Sounds like you should have snowshoes on hand.

JG
    Ride On!

What day are we riding?
    Quote Originally Posted by inkpad
    Did you ride Horseridge? Was wondering if anyone was laying tracks out there, need to ride...bad! (I'm a new papa & any riding will be good riding)
    No, too much snow for Horseridge IMO. We started at Mayfield Pond.

Just got back from a 27 mile "road" ride on the fixie. I slapped my Jet S cyclocross tires on it.

meatier showers
    Looks like we'll prolly hit North Shore Trail tomorrow. S'posed to be sunny and warm.

Well... partly sunny and 42F.

42F is considered warm these days, right? And partly sunny, well c'mon that's partly sunny.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Looks like we'll prolly hit North Shore Trail tomorrow. S'posed to be sunny and warm.

Well... partly sunny and 42F.

42F is considered warm these days, right? And partly sunny, well c'mon that's partly sunny.

--Sparty
    Or mostly cloudy?

Personally, I'm getting out of Dodge. Me and some amigos are heading south, way south, to Patagonia. Arizona that is, still far enough south to be warm and dry. Leaving on the ninth, returning on the 19th.

meatier showers

Lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Muesl
    Or mostly cloudy?

Personally, I'm getting out of Dodge. Me and some amigos are heading south, way south, to Patagonia. Arizona that is, still far enough south to be warm and dry. Leaving on the ninth, returning on the 19th.
    Y'all have enough fun for the rest of us, okay? And don't forget to snap some pix so we can enjoy vicariously upon your return.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Jaybo
    You really need to move south.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Singletrack Addict

Oh, I Plan On It

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Y'all have enough fun for the rest of us, okay? And don't forget to snap some pix so we can enjoy vicariously upon your return.

--Sparty
    Trip culminates at an event over President's Weekend. Stay tuned for reports from the Old Pueblo. There's a local race director making his return to the endurance scene.

Charlie

mtbr member
    Trip culminates at an event over President's Weekend. Stay tuned for reports from the Old Pueblo. There's a local race director making his return to the endurance scene.

Charlie
    So you've been talking to Scotty too, eh? Going down with him or meeting him there? We were eating stuffed jalapenos together at Rosalina's last night. M'mmm...
    Tim

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    So you've been talking to Scotty too, eh? Going down with him or meeting him there? We were eating stuffed jalapenos together at Rosalina's last night. M'mmm...
    Tim
    Somehow got myself signed up for some foolishness in June.

meatier showers
    Somehow got myself signed up for some foolishness in June.
    Hey Charlie, I'll sell you one of my CCP finisher's caps... $100,000. Your choice of 3 colors.

--Sparty

P.S. Not really... of course I'd never part with one. Best of luck to you.
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

not only me

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    You really need to move south.
    There are 20+ million people living in So Cal. Why? Warm winters! People like it. The winters up here are miserable. I have lived in North Dakota and I'm not sure the winters here are better. It is like the movie Groundhog Day here: 40 and raining for months. I'm so glad we get some breaks in the overcast in the Gorge or I really would go nuts. If that is negative, okay...

Jaybo

mtbr member
    There are 20+ million people living in So Cal. Why? Warm winters! People like it. The winters up here are miserable. I have lived in North Dakota and I'm not sure the winters here are better. It is like the movie Groundhog Day here: 40 and raining for months. I'm so glad we get some breaks in the overcast in the Gorge or I really would go nuts. If that is negative, okay...

Jaybo
    Dude, you are snowbird waiting to happen like myself. How about residing in SW Utah from Nov to Apr and back to the NW from May through Oct. That's my long range goal. Too bad I will probably be sporting a couple total joint replacements by then and wouldn't be able to fully appreciate all the rock there in my 70's.

JG
    Ride On!

Look at the time!
    In case anyone is wondering if the coast range is ridable - here's the answer:

(bottom of Wilson River Trail, about 1pm today)
    There was some serious rain coming through just before I got there, making this pretty much the stickiest snow I've ever seen.
    Notice how the bike is not falling over. I turned around after 5 minutes.
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast