Making fat cool since '71

Next weekend (03/11 or 12)

For those of us who can not make the Harmonic Convergence next weekend:

If anyone wants to join in for a slacker/stoner paced fun packed ride either or both days get in touch with me. If it's dry-ish I'd like to go somewhere up 58 maybe. I haven't ventured out of the "usual" the past few weeks, but if it's wet we'll do what we gotta.

Kraig...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

Just to throw it back out there now that the weekend is almost upon us (well, mine is here since I'm playing hooky tomorrow...): if anyone wants to hit a ride Sunday I'm open to ride wherever in the Eugina area. Mellow to moderate pace I suppose. We had 6+ inches of the cold white stuff at our place outside Cottage Grove this AM (right at 1000'). If that becomes a trend for the weekend it would seem options decrease, but I'm sure we could figure something out.

Kraig...

mtbr member

Wut up klyde.

hey man,gooch here(wes) from eugene met ya at ACM2.....I haven't made aplan yet for the weekend and i'm thinkin' of hittin' up either wipeass or brice.....I would prefer brice(one of my favorites round here)but any ride would be fun...when you say slow ,does this mean that making it up to trestle cr falls won't be hapnin'.Speed wouldn't be a problem but I need to get up to the falls(hopefully)..If you are interested reply...peace out dude the gooch:
    [SIZE=4]I'd rather be mountainbiking. [/SIZE]

Either one sounds cool. I like Brice as well. I'm down to get to the falls. I was up there a couple of weeks ago (a few "locals" were up to something...) so my rest break was not very long that day. It'd be awesome to hit it with you. I'll send you my # just in case.

Kraig...

The Dude Abides
    where are wipass and brice...I'm looking for more places to ride

High Speed Botanist

Trails...

Whypass is the DOD's Singletrack sanctaury. You'll have to PM one of us or look for our group rides on our message list or website to get directions out there, plus someone to show ya around. Brice Creek is just outside of cottage grove and is gonna be REAL soft right now after the rain and snow. I might hit Whypass Sunday mornin' say around 10? I'll see how the knees feel tomorrow, we had a SWEET ride out there weds night, Gooch, where was ya?

The Dude Abides
    thanks for the info.

I checked out your page, it looks like some kick**s riding.

I live in Portland, so if I'm going to be making the drive down there I want it to be on a weekend that I don't need water wings and a down comforter.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lswing
    Whypass is the DOD's Singletrack sanctaury. You'll have to PM one of us or look for our group rides on our message list or website to get directions out there, plus someone to show ya around. Brice Creek is just outside of cottage grove and is gonna be REAL soft right now after the rain and snow. I might hit Whypass Sunday mornin' say around 10? I'll see how the knees feel tomorrow, we had a SWEET ride out there weds night, Gooch, where was ya?
    I agree with the Brice Creek assessment Lou. There are some spots in there that get truly soggy and shouldn't be ridden then.
    Your knees should be fine by Sunday, along with my neck. We can be the invalid crew. I'm going to give my old pal, Pintpedaler, a call and see if he's up for Sunday. He wanted to get his dogs out for a ride/run.

Kraig, looking forward to seeing you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    I agree with the Brice Creek assessment Lou. There are some spots in there that get truly soggy and shouldn't be ridden then.
    Your knees should be fine by Sunday, along with my neck. We can be the invalid crew. I'm going to give my old pal, Pintpedaler, a call and see if he's up for Sunday. He wanted to get his dogs out for a ride/run.

Kraig, looking forward to seeing you again.
    I played hooky yesterday (sort of) and checked out Brice late PM. I only walked in a few hundred yards and parts that "never" stay wet for long were soggy as hell. It's probably out for a few weeks. It looks like Whypass Sunday I guess.

Tim, the wheels are holding up well. I'll see you at Barbie Camp and maybe the work day or could run into you at Wipeass it sounds like, or...

Ride well guys.

Kraig...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    I played hooky yesterday (sort of) and checked out Brice late PM. I only walked in a few hundred yards and parts that "never" stay wet for long were soggy as hell. It's probably out for a few weeks. It looks like Whypass Sunday I guess.

Tim, the wheels are holding up well. I'll see you at Barbie Camp and maybe the work day or could run into you at Wipeass it sounds like, or...

Ride well guys.

Kraig...
    Glad the wheels are rolling well for you Kraig. I always try to build ém solid. One way or another, I plan on riding tomorrow, probably at Whypass.

Wes, Tim, Matt, et al...

Glad the wheels are rolling well for you Kraig. I always try to build ém solid. One way or another, I plan on riding tomorrow, probably at Whypass.
    ...Just got an email from Steve (hank). He's down to ride tomarry AM. He mentioned North Shore or MF. I'm out for the day and won't get to a PC again until way late/early AM, but how does that sound? Is MF rideable right now? We still have lots of snow at our place (about 1K') on the grass or in the wooded areas/shade. If you're into gettting at it give me a call. Damn...I just remembered I have to "adjust" the bearings in my rear hub.

Tim, it's been way more miles than Gary suggested I do this (he said 50 miles, give or take). Am I hosed or just do it/don't worry?

See you out there folks.

Kraig...

Tree Hugger
    ...Just got an email from Steve (hank). He's down to ride tomarry AM. He mentioned North Shore or MF. I'm out for the day and won't get to a PC again until way late/early AM, but how does that sound? Is MF rideable right now? We still have lots of snow at our place (about 1K') on the grass or in the wooded areas/shade. If you're into gettting at it give me a call. Damn...I just remembered I have to "adjust" the bearings in my rear hub.

Tim, it's been way more miles than Gary suggested I do this (he said 50 miles, give or take). Am I hosed or just do it/don't worry?

See you out there folks.

Kraig...
    I think Im planning on riding Sunday. Whypass will probably be our best bet. Im waiting to hear a report on North Shore, but I bet Middle Fork has snow, and its a long drive to find out the trail sux. Let's plan on Whypass, unless we hear good news about NS. 11am ride time? I can start earlier, but never mind a later start, plus it gives it a few hours to warm up. Let me know, Matt
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member

See you out there folks.

Kraig...
    Just do the adjustment. Better a little late than never. See you tomorrow at Whypass, I hope.

Gotcha...

Just do the adjustment. Better a little late than never. See you tomorrow at Whypass, I hope.
    I talked to someone who lives (sort of) in Lowell this PM and they reported NS is not nice at the moment so I'll be at the pile at 10. I sent Steve an email modifying our plans so hopefully he'll show as well. See you then. I'm going to get some sleep, I just got my arse kicked in cards tonight and it wore me out.

Kraig...