mtbr member
    Apr 2005

New from Wolfhound Cycles

Here's a very cool new rig from Wolfhound Cycles. The bike has all the label lust you could want and more . Check out the component list:

Handlebar FSA XC 190 31.8
    Stem Thomson 4x90mm 5 deg rise
    Seat post Thomson 27.2x330 lay back
    Headset Chris King 1 1/8
    Fork Marzocchi MX comp
    Wheels:
    Hubs Chris King 32H
    Rims Sun Rim DSl-XC
    Spokes Wheelsmith 14/15 butted
    Skewers Salsa
    Brakes Avid Juicy 7
    Fr Deraileur Shimano XTR
    Rr Deraileur Sram X-O
    Shifters Sram X-O
    Cranks Shimano XTR
    Cassette Shimano XT 11x34
    Chain Connex SS
    Pedals Crank Bros Egg Beaters SS
    Seat WTB Pure V Stealth
    Grips ODI Ruffian lock-on
    Tires WTB Exi-Wolf 2.1
    Tubes WTB 26
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I'm a little confused. Is this a shameless promotion (SPAM), or are you showing off a new personal ride?

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    I'm a little confused. Is this a shameless promotion (SPAM), or are you showing off a new personal ride?
    Whichever, it is GORE-GEE-OH!SSSSSSS

Too bad it ain't a singlespeed. I love the retro-ish paint. What's the frame made out of? I don't mean "steel," I mean what kind of steel?

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Not surprised you're confussed mudflaps!

Lighten up, have fun, and don't be a troll knocking someone for being excited about a killer hardtail.

High Speed Botanist

Dude...

Since when does a component list make the bike? It's the frame that's there in the long run, and that does look like a sweet one. So's it a local maker or what? How about some more info to go with your studio shots. How about some pics in action

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by lswing
    Since when does a component list make the bike? It's the frame that's there in the long run, and that does look like a sweet one. So's it a local maker or what? How about some more info to go with your studio shots. How about some pics in action

No kidding. If tidball is so excited about his new bike, hopefully he's out riding it and getting it nice and muddy.

Since no one seems to know crap about these Wolfhound Cycles, how about you tell us some more about it. Sparty thinks it's steel. Is he right? Did you build the frame, or buy it? How come you went with a sorta cheap fork? the MX comp is decent, but doesnt seem to match the full bling build. Where do ya live and ride? What made you choose this bike?

Mudflaps is right to question spam, but this post is barely spam if at all. Tidball isnt trying to sell anything, so if he's subtly marketing a new bike company, he needs to do it right, and answer some of these questions. He's definitely caught our attention.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

Making fat cool since '71

Ummmm...

Quote Originally Posted by tidball
    Not surprised you're confussed mudflaps!

Lighten up, have fun, and don't be a troll knocking someone for being excited about a killer hardtail.
    It's just a question...who got uptight or knocked/name called?

Ride shots, that's what we all want. I mean we all like the supermodel looks and shiny new bits thing, but we lust after the ones that have the looks, pedigree, some tussled hair and parts that don't mind being rubbed a bit...

Are those frames made in Medford? I know there is a couple of builders down there, but I've never heard of that one. If the wife ever gets out of sticker shock from the Turner (or I get a tractor bought, whichever comes first) I'm going to start saving for a "hard"tail...something made in OR (I know the frame for the Turner is made in Portland, but it ain't the same).

Who's riding this weekend? I'm finally back in the valley and get to be back "home" later tonight!!!

Kraig...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

Negative Rep Points!!!!

Wolf Bike

What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

High Speed Botanist

Very nice...

Some of those frames and welds are amazing! Great to have another custom bike builder around. Glad to finally see what Wolfhound is about.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I know about Wolfhound

I have a bike on order form Fred Cuthbert who is Wolfhound. Sacha at Vanilla is building the fork. I've gotten to know Fred becasue he and Jeff Jones are in the same neck of the woods and sometimes ride together. One time Jeff favorably mentioned Fred to me and so I gave Fred a call. I own a Jones bike but am now looking for another bike full rigid (And Jeff waitlist is very long now, tho I am also back on his list for some yr in the future). I also helped Fred for 3 days in his booth at the handbuilt bike show recently. I saw firsthand the blue/white bike, a fire engine red bike, a road bike, and his new 29er. In fact I rode his 29er around a bit around San Jose (But no trail).

Bottom line after the show and after meeting Fred - He is a good guy, does very nice work and wants to build bikes for enthusiastic customers. In my case we are trying out a new rear dropout idea (Maybe) and he is ok to entertain this stuff (There is probably some limit to the crazy stuff). He has embraced some of the Jeff Jones ideas (Vertical complience and low TT) but his thing is steel and not Ti. He is working to take advantage of the properties of Steel. He has done a neat idea to make a split seattube to get a shorter rear CS which he wanted for stand up climbing. His method is fillet brazing.

Please note I have a bit of an interest here as I am a customer and friend. I'd suggest you give Fred a call and see if your bike ideas mesh with him and go from there.

As an aside- At the end of the bike show Freds' Dad was riding the blue/white bike around the park lot in San Jose as everyone was going home for the day. I hope I am into bikes still if my kids are old enough to build them!

Contact me at bob.a2@comcast.net if you are interested further on the bikes from my point of view.

Bob

mtbr member
    May 2005

Wolfhound Cycles

Playing catch up here

Meet him at Seattle Bike Show invited him to show off his great bikes at Mt Bike Oregon Expo area. He said he might show.

Seemed like a nice guy and he is an Oregon builder.

Take Care
    Randy