Metalheadbikerider

New bike park in Wilsonville

A man with 160 acres near Wilsonville has plans to open up a new bike park and music venue, along with plans for camping, food, etc. He will be presenting tonight at the NWTA General Meeting, and is also looking for feedback for ways to make this an exciting destination for riders. Tonight is your opportunity to ask questions and help him create something new and exciting for our area.
    Also, there will be a presentation on the new Bike Patrol being formed in the area. Lee-Man has been working very hard to get this off the ground. It will be a great tool and bargaining chip for future access.
    Come and hear the details tonight at Hopworks on SE Powell Blvd. Committee meetings from 6-7pm, first ten pitchers are free. 7-8pm will be the General Meeting with presentations listed above.
    Hope to see you all there.
    Cheers!
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    I wont be able to make the meeting but will there be opportunity for volunteering to build trail? Or whatever? I live 15 minutes from Wilsonville.

Metalheadbikerider

I believe so

That is one of the reasons he came to us to do a presentation.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    See you there.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

meeting

I'll be there with LeeMan

mtbr member
    Will this be a pay to play kind of thing? I assume he isn't doing this out of the kindness of his heart.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Metalheadbikerider

I think so....

though I can't say for sure. He might charge for camping, sell food, etc to profit. I look forward to hearing from him tonight. I know that I would pay a reasonable amount of money if it ended up looking like the new park in Boulder, especially since it is so close to PDX.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Sweet! Is there elevation in wilsonville?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by big JC View Post
    Sweet! Is there elevation in wilsonville?
    only if this acreage is up on Pete's Mountain...kind of doubt it and that would only be 500' or so. I'll guess its on the west side of I-5

mtbr member
    This is quite interesting. Please report back and keep us posted for those who don't attend the meeting.
    free-flowing meat waves of possibility...

Metalheadbikerider

Report here.....

The land is about 160 acres and is the Sherwood Equestrian area. For those who race cross, you may remember this as a Cross Crusade spot from previous years. There is already some trails there, and they are looking for ways to earn more $$ from their private land. They are considering a music ampitheater, restaurant, camping, and a bike park of *some sort*. They are in the infancy stage at this point and are looking for guidance. Given the close proximity to PDX (and lack of gov't ) this is an appealing possibility. NWTA is going to discuss further.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by free-agent View Post
    The land is about 160 acres and is the Sherwood Equestrian area. For those who race cross, you may remember this as a Cross Crusade spot from previous years. There is already some trails there, and they are looking for ways to earn more $$ from their private land. They are considering a music ampitheater, restaurant, camping, and a bike park of *some sort*. They are in the infancy stage at this point and are looking for guidance. Given the close proximity to PDX (and lack of gov't ) this is an appealing possibility. NWTA is going to discuss further.
    I remember racing that venue and wishing I had my mountain bike instead. There was about 200' of climbing each lap and the course was very lumpy (duh, equestrians).

Here's my track if it gives people an idea of where this is:
    Cross Crusade #3 by bdombrow at Garmin Connect - Details

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    I would be VERY interested in investing some sweat equity at this location. I would also chip in on lumber and bring my tools for some freeride elements, especially if we were building beginner-->expert stunts to help people progress.

mtbr member

Buncha Yobs!

I wish I had heard about this sooner. How did the meeting end up going?

Would he allow doom metal bands to play at the venue?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    There was a short track MTB race there last summer (OBRA state championship). After spending the summer on the whoops at PIR those long climbs hurt, plus one guy picked up a horse shoe in his rear wheel. I'd still give it a ride if the trails are interesting enough.
    2009 Redline Conquest Pro, 2008 Trek Fuel Ex8
    2007 Kona Cinder Cone utility bike
    Yes I spent too much on bikes.