mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Netarts/Tillamook area rides

Hey! I was looking to do some riding while down in the Netarts/Tillamook area later in August and was wondering if there were any good rides around that are close. Difficulty is not a concern, just proximity. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    No trails that I am aware of. It's only 18 miles from Tillamook to the West end of the Wilson River Trail at Keening Creek. Let us know if you need details about that trail.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Any info would be good as I don't know the area at all. Eighteen miles is close enough for me. Thanks

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    I would recommend as a first ride on the Wilson River Trail to start near the Forestry Center (22 miles from Tillamook) and ride West. 1/4 mile past the Forestry Center is Jones Creek TH. Take a left off the Hwy, go across the bridge, take the first left and immediately park and the trail will be right in front of the parking area. Here's a link to all the trails in the Tillamook Forest. Look at Wilson River Trail - Jones Creek to Keening Creek. I don't like riding the Hwy so everything on WRT is usually an out and back.

http://egov.oregon.gov/ODF/TSF/trails.shtml

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Thank you

I rode the Wilson River trail per your suggestion down to Keenig Creek CG from Jones Creek CG and back and it was great. I would love to check out the rest of those trails East of there the next time I'm in Oregon. Thanks for the suggestion!