MattSavage

Nestors/Buck Cr.....

Any of you Gorge guys ride Nestors area or Buck Cr. very often? What's it like over there? What's the snow level in the Gorge right now?

Thanks!!!!
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

ronbo613
    That's our backyard. Lots of places to ride. Use a GPS and don't get lost.
    Snow level today is about 2000'. Since I can't ride I've been snowboarding. Three straight days of fresh pow at Meadows. It's also pretty wet around here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Long uphill followed by a fast downhill. The Buck Creek trail from the top down is, for the most part, fast and steep. Rode it about a week or two ago. We found ourselves in the middle of a driving rain three-quarters of the way up with horizontal sleet at the top. We had to take shelter in the old building at the summit while we regrouped. The leaves were slick as grease making the decent fairly tricky, a typical fall ride. It's a good downhill, especially if you like to go really fast.

I know that there are other, longer loop options on the Buck Creek trail but unfortunatly, I haven't had the time to ride those yet.
    I am surprised that more people don't ride those trails. Maybe its because of all the poison oak.

MattSavage
    So, went out and checked the trails out yesterday...

Not alot of snow where it was exposed and windy at the summit, but immediately into the trees, there was about 8". After 2 miles, it was pretty much gone. Just, leafy and greasy, super fun!

I'll be back in the spring to do some loops. There seems to be alot to explore up there.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Cool, glad you made it out and up there yesterday. Some of us were up at top of Sandy River Ridge trail system adding a new section of trail, followed by a great ride afterwards!

Here's a clip from a ride at Nestor from my helmet cam last early summer.
    http://www.vimeo.com/7323195

JonG
    Ride On!