The Dude Abides

need roof rack, what do you think of this?

I need a roof rack for my bike(s).

What do you guys think of this craigs list add

I know it's just the base rack, no bike holders. But all that stuff at rack attack would be over $250. Any thoughts on whether it's legit or a scam

thanks,

Eric
    This aggression will not stand, man.

The Dude Abides
    sorry, link didnt work the first time

http://portland.craigslist.org/bik/153523409.html

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by theeric
    I need a roof rack for my bike(s).

What do you guys think of this craigs list add

I know it's just the base rack, no bike holders. But all that stuff at rack attack would be over $250. Any thoughts on whether it's legit or a scam

thanks,

Eric
    Not sure if scam or not (an awful lot of clips). But Rack Attack does deal in "pre-owned" stuff too. Or is that $250 the price for pre-owned? FWIW, I have had solid luck with Rack Attack used stuff and craigslist. Hard to believe craigslist is still FREE!!!

How was Brown's Camp Hometown Buffet ride?
    Tuff Schist

Respect Your Trails
    That is a good deal. $140 is still a decent chunk of change so it most likely is not a scam. If it said 40, that would be a different story. Like meatfoot said though, that is an awful lot of clips. I can see having the clips for the vehicles he took the rack off of...but all those? Its Craigslist though, not Ebay. Your not obligated to buy. Go check it out. Test the locks, do a little research and be sure it'll fit your car and if all looks good, go for it. I've known a number of people who have had nothing but good experiences through Craigslist.

p.s. saw your member info. Your from Philly... nice. Pennypack Park. I've been doing the Wissahikon just about every weekend here. End of June I'll be moving out to Portland. Maybe I can hit you up as a tour guide for some of the local dirt?

Good luck with the rack.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    sounds like a good deal... I've had lots of good purchases thru craiglist. Just know what you are buying, take a close look at it and make sure it looks like it's in solid working condition and if it isn't you don't have to buy... it's actually better than ebay, because you can see what you are getting BEFORE you pay... if you are sure what you are looking at, go into REI or Rack attack and just take a close look at the racks, so you know what a new one looks like...
    good luck shopping!

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrible - T
    sounds like a good deal... I've had lots of good purchases thru craiglist. Just know what you are buying, take a close look at it and make sure it looks like it's in solid working condition and if it isn't you don't have to buy... it's actually better than ebay, because you can see what you are getting BEFORE you pay.
    Ditto.

Kind of a funny story; I bought a receiver from a guy up in North Portland one time. It was a dark rainy day and I walked into his equally dark drab house. Perfect setup for the perfect murder. Anyways, nicest guy....we set it up with some music to his speakers and everything checks out, I gave him full price. I bailed ASAP, tossed it in the passenger seat and was off. All is good. I love craigslist.
    Tuff Schist

The Dude Abides
    thanks for all the info. That is a good aspect of craigs list; you can look at the stuff in person before buying.

Meatfoot...the Brown's camp ride was a blast. For an 8 mile loop it's got some great terrain, and University falls was cool for a little breather.

Dahoos...I can try to show you around, but I'm new to PDX as well. This forum though is great for meeting people and finding riding buddies/trails. There are all sorts of people who ride all different styles. Keep an eye on the Thursday Night Trialhead (TNT) posts.

Expert Pushing SSer
    Meatfoot...the Brown's camp ride was a blast. For an 8 mile loop it's got some great terrain, and University falls was cool for a little breather.
    Nice. I really get my money's worth when I ride there. Have Smudge or myself, or anyone for that matter, show you over to Story Burn Road. I really like the flowy singletrack that drops you from Story Burn Road to the last bridge you cross at Brown's before the final climb to the parking lot. It is fun.
    Tuff Schist

Respect Your Trails
    Yea I've been keeping tabs on the Oregon board. Look forward to it. I rode out there a few summers ago and can't wait to check out all the other trails I missed, and meet some good people to ride with.

Dahoos...I can try to show you around, but I'm new to PDX as well. This forum though is great for meeting people and finding riding buddies/trails. There are all sorts of people who ride all different styles. Keep an eye on the Thursday Night Trialhead (TNT) posts.