mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Need new helmet, can't find good LBS

So I'm finally ready to upgrade to a full face helmet, but the problem is I have only found one local bike shop (Santiam Bicycles) that even carries a full face, and the selection is lack luster at best. I live in Albany and work in Salem, can anyone recommend a place that might have more than two or three helmets I can try on (I don't mind driving a bit)? I've read tons of reviews but I'd feel a lot better trying something on before buying it.
    Bone stock 2012 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Universal Cycles has a good selection. Also you can order on their web site and then pick up in store so it gives you a chance to try before you buy since they don't mind you returning it once you go to pick it up. Doing this would just ensure that the helmet you want to try is in stock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyr View Post
    So I'm finally ready to upgrade to a full face helmet, but the problem is I have only found one local bike shop (Santiam Bicycles) that even carries a full face, and the selection is lack luster at best. I live in Albany and work in Salem, can anyone recommend a place that might have more than two or three helmets I can try on (I don't mind driving a bit)? I've read tons of reviews but I'd feel a lot better trying something on before buying it.
    Santiam is a great shop but in their defense full face helmets are a hard sell sometimes. Did you have them check their stock in the back? Call peak sports in corvallis 541-754-6444, they are pretty close to you. I also agree that Universal has a good stock of stuff.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Universal Cycles, or even if you must, Fat Tire Farm may have some.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by finch6013 View Post
    Universal Cycles has a good selection. Also you can order on their web site and then pick up in store so it gives you a chance to try before you buy since they don't mind you returning it once you go to pick it up. Doing this would just ensure that the helmet you want to try is in stock.
    That's what I do with all things clothing. You can buy with confidence that way